Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SOF2 Mini Games Brainstorm Session

Discussion in 'Soldier of Fortune 2 : Gold Edition' started by punisher, Apr 4, 2018.

1. punisher

punisher Hacker
    Administrator S-Admin Clan Leader Clan Member

Hey everybody,

The request of adding mini-games to our server has been done a couple of times already throughout the past year. To get some unique features to our server i'd like to hear ideas from our members, visitors or some random person hopping by.

What do we understand on mini-games?
    We don't mean new gametypes, we mean adjusting server settings and editing the maps to the part where it looks like a totally different game.

We'll make a list with all idea's and we will try to do our best to make them available for our server:
    Low Gravity, RPG Only
    Everybody will get an RPG, and only an RPG. The gravity will be low, meaning people can jump high, and dodge nades however it also slows them down. You can either go full rambo and start bombing a part or go tactical and start shooting while you are safe, in the air.
    Map: Jump from Platform to Platform, and don't fall down.

Single Shot, Insta Kill
    You only have 1 bullet in your chamber, and you'll have to reload every time you make a shot. This forces you to aim as precise as possible, as reloading takes time. To make up for this, you'll die almost instantly when you get shot.
    Map: Small map, with a lot of cover.

Caserun
    An inbuild Gametype from 1fx, Caserun is like King of the Hill, Both teams compete for the briefcase, and have to hold it as long as possible. The team that held the briefcase the longest wins. The longer you keep the briefcase the more points your team gets.
    Map : Keep the map as small as possible, with no hiding spots. Only cover, so action remains key and the other team can have a chance to attack the briefcase holder.

Sniper Only
    A game where you only have Snipers. Knifes won't do any damage and hitting those sweet noscopes or campy scoped shots is your only option.
    Map: An open map, either with cover and camping spots or without a lot of cover. Maybe only towers and bushes where people can hide in.

ChainSaw, Aria and Storm like this.
  2. The Tempest

The Tempest Active Member

Great ideas Puni.

I'm a 'sneak around and snipe' fan so a sniper game gets my vote every time. Have a look at the desert/jungle maps on CHPlayers silver server - they're great fun to play on as there's open misty areas to run round and buildings/towers for cover. Even with just 2 players on they're good to play.

Low gravity games are fun too - played them on Crysis server ages ago. However, didn't we try a 'RPG only' DM on Prague Streets some time ago and it caused the game to slow down a lot because of all the explosions? If it can be fixed then RPG would be good. Or could the M4 setting be altered to just use the nade fire? Lot of possibilities.

Single shot insta kill sounds fun too, go for it, I'm happy with all the games :)

Aria and Medvedik like this.
  3. punisher

punisher Hacker

Oh i also had the idea of an M60 only game. Just Machineguns and some Rambo style games on col2 i think or something.

Aria likes this.
  4. punisher

punisher Hacker

Also to note, these maps will only last a few minutes, so it won't get boring. Once we notice certain minigames are popular, we can raise the timelimit for those once. But starting at like 3 to 6 minute maps.

5. The Tempest

Sounds good, people moan if a map is too long anyway. 6 minutes shouldn't bother anyone - I hope :)

M60 only sounds fun, the aim is all over the place and it takes longer to reload the clip. Bit of 'spray and pray' is good.

Aria likes this.
  6. Storm

Storm Clan Member
    S-Admin Clan Member

Nice ideas, but I think the low gravity with rpg would be bad.. too laggy. And we have tried it before 1-2 times before, it was not liked then.

7. The Tempest

Low gravity knife only? That might be fun.

8. punisher

punisher Hacker

Also came up in our minds already. We'll lool into the possibilities en get some concepts ready for everybody to try out.

Maybe dedicating a clan night to test them and get some feedback.

Aria likes this.
  9. una

unamed Clan Member
    S-Admin Clan Member

caserun and one shot sounds good to me - i would suggest the silvertalon, has better sound.
    problem is that most of these mini games require custom maps, and those are traffic killers, and would be wise avoiding.

10. Cha

ChainSaw Clan Member
    Clan Member

WoW Nice ideas!

Something from COD:
    First start with a knive, after each kill you get a beter weApon untill you die!

Caserun:
    Is that where you can pick up the Case and you hide yourself while the Case beeps once Every 5 seconde So you are easier too find?
    Played it on the m8 server lots of fun.
    -edit- never mind there it was free for all with the Case

Sniper only sounds So great, hope the second weApon also disapear :p

Sorry for the bad english (y)

#10 ChainSaw, Apr 14, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  11. Cha

ChainSaw Clan Member
    Clan Member

Maybe two round games?
    Normal we are playing Jordan for 20 minuts or Something, split it up for 2x 10 minuts So you play both sides.

12. punisher

punisher Hacker

No custom maps, we edit singleplayer maps to give the feeling of custom maps.

unamed likes this.
  13. The Tempest

What about some different player skins? Can that be done server-side without players having to download and install them? Some comic skins would brighten the game up - the crazier the better.

Also, could walls be made transparent? I remember we had some clan games on a map with a maze made from clear walls and it was great fun - you could see people but couldn't shoot at them behind the walls.

14. punisher

punisher Hacker

Skins would require downloads, as skins are clientside.

The map you mean is anticamp, a custom map.