Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Community Mapcycle For Main Server

Discussion in 'Soldier of Fortune 2 : Gold Edition' started by Maestro, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Maestro

Maestro Sexy And Deadly Joker
    S-Admin Tournament Management Clan Member

LOL here we go again :D. I also think Conservatism is not good for the traffic :D. Anyway let's see what people say and hey maybe it really is time to add some new or whatever.

2. Cha

ChainSaw Member

Thats what the geust Just say after all 6 players dissapeared :)
    Wish the players show their thoughts here ;)

Maestro likes this.
  3. The Tempest

The Tempest Active Member

I've never liked inf or elim games. Too much 'stop and start' plus the crap players (including me) get killed quickly then have to sit out a whole game until the restart. I always have a movie to watch so I don't mind the wait but visitors aren't going to sit it out, they'll just go somewhere else. They want to play, not sit in spec. Inf & elim are only okay if everyone wants them, like in a scrim or clan night.

Maps with continuous action are what most want - as shown by Jordan and Shop2 always being voted in. Would an all-CTF cycle attract more people? People try and vote off DM maps too - a pity as I like them.

What about a shorter respawn time too? After Hools 1-second respawn, waiting a whole 6 seconds here seems like a lifetime! I know the random times make it more interesting but people just want to get back in the game quickly. My 2p worth.

Gun4hire and ChainSaw like this.
  4. Gun4hire

Gun4hire Hail faii.
    S-Admin Tournament Management Steam Member Clan Member Forum Moderator

I agree with the respawn time to some extent, but isn't the 'click right after you die' thingy enough? makes you start the 6 second timer faster. (although that's useful in tournaments, where let's say you have a 1 kill lead, and the map only has 5 seconds left, and you know for a fact that if you respawn you'll die and therefore, lose the tournament match) about the elim/inf gametype: simply don't die :^), on a serious note, i quite enjoy the immersion it gives you: "oh snap, i died, i can't contribute to my team anymore so i leave it up to them to win this match." but sometimes it is frustrating when some egy guy is left alive and is either afk, or shooting at a wall for no real reason. all CTF could be fun, but breaks should happen aswell, so one DM map in between long ctf games (OR any other gamemode) would be quite nice.

5. Cha

ChainSaw Member

The fact is we play sof2 in 2018, So the timer shouldnt be 6 seconds when you play 2 vs 2 you lose another flag so easy.
    It's getting boring after losing 5 flags So easy in a row and people Will leave.
    There is No real competition since 2008 or somthing So don't hold on that.

I see much people join the Same team too destroy the bots, I see people who want have 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4, I see people leave by ELIM and INF the 2 gametypes were never populair the First gametypes wo lost all servers.
    Wo wanna play a game sometimes and then you need too wait So long you wanna play another game :)

Btw it would be Nice if you van vote m203 enabled or not even i'm good at it. I know the frustrating.

6. Maestro

Let's discuss the MC here plz. The gameplay mechanics are here to stay. I respect your points ofc just the thing is we have played and gotten used to all of these mechanics and we are not loosing our identity to please Hool$ or Evil fans I am sorry.

About maps in themselves, look if you really want to take away inf and elim maps and we see no argumented pushback I do believe we can take them away, ofc it's not for forever, obviously as when people will want them back again, we can bring them back.

7. Cha

ChainSaw Member

Frustrating if you think you gonna have Some fun 8 players and those lame gametypes pop-up and everybody leave.

Early or later you Will pay the price for it.

Btw there are more standard good maps CTF, Maybe 1 RMG map too test?

8. Maestro

Well can you propose some other map as well like the other map and maybe other gametype besides the maps of inf and elim we have. I know a lot of people loved shop4 elim tho, but hey they do not say nothing so I guess it's their worry lol. So really just say what you want instead maybe?

9. Cha

ChainSaw Member

Wish we could have that shop map from silver with Some adding like there.
    That prague DM is the only different gametype with map i like and more I believe.
    Dunno the Hong Kong map name but that one on silver with CTF I would like too see back on the mapcycle we had bevore not the big one.