Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1fx Discussion

Discussion in 'Soldier of Fortune 2 : Gold Edition' started by Maestro, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Maestro

Maestro Sexy And Deadly Joker
    S-Admin Tournament Management Clan Member

Okay we've talked with fellow leaders and I will update you on the situation going on and what consensus we have and what we can do in the future.​

1. We will negotiate with everybody on the absolute best mapcycle in this public topic here to try to get the best MC that all love. We ask our members here to try to at least for the time being release some of negative beliefs about 1fx and just think about the best maps that we can get. Plz look at the picture below and see if you see any weaknesses and tell us what you think the MC should be. We will negotiate until the best decision is reached. Consult the image below:

[​IMG]

2. If even after we put those maps in and test all of this for example for a whole week and the traffic is objectively bad I suggest once and for ALL to revert to rocmod and never look back at 1fx rocmod at least at main server again (until maybe better overall times for sof 2 popularity).

NB! REMEMBER your voice is really really really important I can not begin to stress how much I wish for as many players of our clan and our regulars to chime in on this and let their voices to be heard! Plz take an active position in this discussion!

2. N008

N008 Clan Member
    S-Admin Clan Member

Can't see the picture for some reason.

3. Maestro

What do you see? can you post a screenshot or what? the pic should be seen I believe. try to refresh or look the link on another browser?

4. Maestro

Now can you see it?

5. N008

N008 Clan Member
    S-Admin Clan Member

Yup shows fine now.

6. punisher

punisher Hacker
    Administrator S-Admin Clan Leader Clan Member

Short said:
    We would like to know the maps which you want to have in the mapcycle besides mp_jor1 and mp_shop2.
    All map requests are welcome, and we will look into the maps and see if it's worth putting on and if it's popular.
    Meaning you are allowed to request maps which are already requested!

To 1fx. Client - I think we should keep it or go back to Rocmod 2.1c.
    The reason is that the awesome features are only accessible through the client side, else we just have a Rocmod version with less options then Rocmod 2.1c.
    Also remind the amount of time Boe!man spend on developing it, and then we are not even giving it a try for over a couple of days?

7. ScarZ

ScarZ Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator S-Admin Steam Member Clan Member System Operator

I did update it a bit since then. Whatever is marked in red has been changed or is new, and the ones in green were just swapped around. I just did it this morning, which is why it isn't up-to-date.

Attached Files:

8. N008

N008 Clan Member
    S-Admin Clan Member

The new cobble dm map is awesome!

9. ScarZ

ScarZ Administrator

Glad you like it, I'm hoping it will do well. It has that sort of jordan feel and look to it.

10. Great maps but I've always wondered about having 2 CTF games in succession, like Jordan & Shop. CTF games can get quite intensive and are often extended when it's a good game and perhaps players want a change at the end of a game, not go straight into another CTF battle? DM game after CTF game makes a good change.

Just my personal preference.. Map cycle is always great whatever sequence they're in.

11. Maestro

I like this idea personally! So you mean like for example Jor 1 and after that we can have DM map or something? Yes it's interesting. Below I did a very ugly looking but practical small template that any user can copy if he/she so wishes to create his own mapcycle here on forum (doubt anyone will use excel or other programs to embed image here).

So to me what should happen is (implemented a change Temp was talking about between jor1 and shop2)

MAP TL SL Gametype
    Jor 1 25 0 CTF
    Hos 1 15 65 DM
    Shop2 25 0 CTF
    Kam4 15 0 CTF (or subway ok Kam 3 ctf same settings, Col1 always gets voted off)
    Shop 8 15 0 CTF
    Pra 1 15 75 DM
    Jor 8 20 0 CTF (change this one maybe?)
    Shop 2 25 0 CTF
    Cobble 15 50 DM (I didn't quite like cobble it's only for many people to play on like minimum 10 else you get lost)
    Jor 1 25 0 CTF
    Shop 69 15 0 CTF
    Finca 15 125 TDM (We were playing with Slim and basically he and later I thought that TDM's should be removed from MC completely. People aren't really excited to play them)

Just in case plz understand above is just a blueprint and just my personal view, plz feel absolutely free to disagree with it! :grouphug:

12. ScarZ

ScarZ Administrator

So, you're saying, alternate between CTF and DM every other map like this:
    1. CTF
    2. DM
    3. CTF
    4. DM
    5. etc.....

13. ScarZ

ScarZ Administrator

I think it looks fine other than kam4, it usually gets voted over. And, yeah TDM has never done well for some reason, which really doesn't make much sense as many people like to just camp and kill people and never go for the flag, so you think that would suit those players perfectly.

14. Looks good Scarz. The reason I mentioned alternating the CTF/DM maps is that I've noticed players really get into the CTF Jordan game - which is understandable as it's the best map - but I think the energy levels are dropping towards the end of the game, especially if it gets extended a couple of times. Players will log out after Jordan because they don't want to jump straight into another CTF game, they want a change of pace and a bit of mindless DM killing. Often after playing one CTF game the votes start coming in next map to change to a DM.

15. Maestro

Very respectable two cents let us put it in our piggybank lol. Yes bro we will still try to experiment with just compiling the best consensus MC possible and I suggest trying it for a week. If we don't get like 20 players like we had almost every primetime for a week I suggest to completely turn to rocmod again.

16. Storm

Storm Clan Member
    S-Admin Clan Member

First of, I played today for some time and I did like the mapcycle very much! Not one map there that I didint like (exept shop 69).
    I think the map cycle that scar did put up here (the updated version) is very very good. I played today and I thought this was the best MC ever in our server, I really did.

We have now ctf ctf dm...ctf ctf dm cycle right. This is exactly what I did propose long time ago. I think its best as it is, because most players like ctf most over all other gametypes. Putting it to ctf dm ctf dm cycle might be too much fór many *veteran players* who have settings for *slow cursor ctf game* (and it pains me to say this, because I love dm above other gametypes).

I did also LOVE that new map in cycle, DM cobbled streets, great map! And we should keep col1 on there cycle, (allthou it is not that popular, I want to keep it for selfish reasons :) ). Only map I want out is shop69, all the rest I love or like.

Thats about MC, and now to the more important issue; our new 1fx mod.

Its really killing the server, I did observe today ( and on earlier days too), on our egyption players (those mohameds etc.), I would say 70 % cannot connect to server anymore, you see them trying to connect and then they disconnect because their game crashes. This is huge problem problem, because traffic is most important thing on server. Why we have mod that brings it to 50 % what it was before? Am I only one who sees this?

We just had new server location (it did drop the traffic too on its own part) and now you force this new change ? These are those kind of decisions that brings the server on its knees faster than any aimbotter or ddos geek trying to harm us. I have felt from the beginning, that if these kind of decisions go wrong, its the most dangerous thing for this community.

Some of our members are leaving or did leave (Tine) and only because of this new mod. They CANNOT connect. And some people (as cliff did write above) dont want to do ANY EXTRA WORK for their fun. It has to be all easy, and simple AND no problems. We have now big problem.
    If they cannot Access what they want, they vote with their feet, as has been happening now. This is how world works.

I personally like new mod, I like how you can load new maps from server and all the rest that comes with it. It allows us to put custom maps on cycle, so that there is no map download problems, but it doesnt warm much when people cannot even join the server right?

I do appreciate the work that Boe did do for this mod and all the rest who hand in it, and Scar for trying to think best for the clan and making new improvements.

Its great mod BUT I believe it takes our traffic down to 50 %. This is why I recommend, that we move back to rocmod. Before any more harm is done.

pfff, it took long time to write this.. :eek:

17. punisher

punisher Hacker
    Administrator S-Admin Clan Leader Clan Member

WEll, I have been looking at gametracker since i left the server, and for me, it looks like just a regular day.
    It hit a 25 player mark, and was on about an avarage of 17 players throughout 19:00 uk and now 21:00 uk.

Anyhow It's their choice, it's either Stock maps only and play maps you don't like or download 1 file for 3 min and get every map you like to be played.
    On another note i did see mohammed join the 1v1 server successfully, also Rock and a couple of other egy players connected to the 1v1 server with no problems.
    Tine "left" because he couldn't get into the server because of his reasoning "Location" while the host is the same as before, and not the mod.
    Anyhow he should of asked for help if he had any problems, which he didn't, so not our problem.

As i said before, if we move back to rocmod, move back to 2.1c and not the 1fx version.
    This because WE ourselves can do much more with the 2.1c version and it offers more then the 1fx rocmod version (without the client).
    The only benefit of 1fx. were the ! shortcuts, and the /stats, /banlist -n.

18. Storm

Storm Clan Member
    S-Admin Clan Member

Yeah we had today pretty good traffic Puni (evening), but you reflect this, as it would be the whole truth of the matter. The fact is that our overall traffic is much less than what it was before the new mod. Our server ranks only at 8 th Place, it has never been this bad while I have been member and I have been member close to year now.

Then you tell about mohamed joining some other server of ours, ...haha..there are like dozen of them only with that one name playing at our server (or used to be). MOST of them cannot join without game crash. I did just observe it today, and some days before today too. Tomorrow spent some time at server and see it yourself. COUNT them connecting and see how many gets thru, some 70 % did not get thru on our server, and thats a fact. Im talking about egyptian players.

And its not their choice, they dont know what causes it, so its not an 'choice'.

Look as I said above I like the mod and I have no connection problems with it personally. Either we can continue like this (have customs maps on cycle), and having less traffic or move back to old (with stock maps) and more traffic. Thats the choice for now..I would choose the old way (with more traffic) and with stock maps and leave the custom maps for our other servers. Because I believe the traffic is most important for server.

19. Maestro

Thanks for great insight. I personally ofc noticed it and took it as great opinions from you. I hope you are willing to test this one for one more week tho? I just want people to really tell what maps they are looking for and I wish to put down the best possible MC (I understood you agree with it as it's currently stated, personally I do see weaknesses of it how it was before by my vision ofc, but I will see some other people opinions as well ofc). Now I do belive that we need to give it one last chance for a week, starting from the day when we have reached the consensus on MC. If it doesn't work, that's the limit for me as well!! Right now the traffic is nice tho (10 vs 10 till 8vs8).

20. N008

N008 Clan Member
    S-Admin Clan Member

Well as Storm said, the only thing that matters is traffic.
    If we'd have more traffic with the old mod, we should use the old mod.
    If we get more traffic with the new mod, we should stick to it.
    Comparing the traffic now to how it was with the old mod, the server is mostly empty and even at the so called "prime time" some days it doesn't get to more than around 8 players.
    I do like the fact we can download faster, have new different maps, and all the other things that come with the new mod, but the most important thing is traffic and if traffic would be better when using the old mod, unfortunately I think we should revert back to it.