Socio- Political/Economical Corner

WARNING
  • Author
    Storm
    Participant
    The Tempest, post: 29950, member: 414 wrote:
    Yes, I did vote for Brexit – there’s good things and bad things about it, same as any big choice. I really don’t think there will be problems regarding trade. Germany has said they’ll still trade with us (someone has to sell their fancy cars) and I’m sure most other countries will too – it may benefit both parties not to have so many rules. If you’re doing successful business then they won’t let being ‘Non EU’ stop it. Money always wins in the end…plus China will deal with anyone as they make most of the things now. I think little will actually change for the UK, despite the ‘doom and gloom’ forecasts of the people who want to stay in EU.

Our biggest problem at the moment is the HUGE mouth of Boris Johnson. The guy is a total idiot who speaks without thinking, just to hear his own voice. He’s so far up Theresa May’s ass we can only see the soles of his shoes.

Good points, your country is not in bad situation at all concerning all this trade talk. UK has trade deficit with EU ( EU countries make lot of money from UK ), therefore EU wants to keep trade rolling as it is, as EU benefits more from it at the moment.
    So in this light, it is very unlikely to have any trade sanctions from EU’s part. If it were small country with positive trade balance leaving, in that case EU might stuff it’s mouth full of sand and fuck it in the ass ( to make warning example ).

Funny that you did mention Boris, since he has been utterly overshadowed by the Donald.

It has actually comical effect to see these two at the screen same time ( since they have similar body build and hair ):D

[MEDIA=youtube]OkL5CwIFH9I[/MEDIA]

Maestro
    Keymaster

The question that is on minds of many nowadays is that – does the democracy work? And I personally ever since I was 19 years old, started believing and I still do, that it doesn’t and that THE only good form of governance is by ONE single person. This person should take council with everyone close to him, also should be held accountable via freedoms of speech and expression, aka limited power by the constitution to the rightful degree. This video is very interesting…

[MEDIA=youtube]vlnNsLj8-LY[/MEDIA]
    Hudson
    Participant

Well, democracy certainly isn’t working here in the UK… a ‘democratic’ vote was taken 3 years ago and a majority of nearly 18 million people voted to leave the EU. Both Conservative and Labour said they would honour the vote when they were campaigning to be elected, their campaigns were based on this promise.

…now here we are years later and you can see them all desperately trying to think of a way to cancel Brexit without making it seem like they’re going back on their word. There’s your ‘democracy’ in action.

Sometimes one ruler is better than a large government who just end up serving themselves and to hell with the people who elected them. But then of course if that ‘one ruler’ happens to be Hitler or Saddam Hussein, we have a slight problem :)

Britain needs another Oliver Cromwell…and a Guy Fawkes who doesn’t get caught this time.

Storm
    Participant
    Maestro, post: 30712, member: 187 wrote:
    The question that is on minds of many nowadays is that – does the democracy work? And I personally ever since I was 19 years old, started believing and I still do, that it doesn’t and that THE only good form of governance is by ONE single person. This person should take council with everyone close to him, also should be held accountable via freedoms of speech and expression, aka limited power by the constitution to the rightful degree. This video is very interesting…

[MEDIA=youtube]vlnNsLj8-LY[/MEDIA]

You miss the most important fuction of democracy, it is not how well it works, but it is about the system of replacement. Basically you can get rid of bad governance. In single man dictatorship or in any totalitarian government you cannot do that. You are stuck with what you have in good or in bad ( usually bad ).

BlastorZ
    Participant

I think the UK people voted their way out of UE in the same way americans elected trump. In a impulsive way. “Just because we can” kind of attitude. We know how that is working in US. But in 2 years quite probably, that guy is going to be out, while in UK, that decision is going to be worse.

Oh, and having one guy ruling everything, is a very bad idea, unless he or she knows very well what he/she is doing, which is kind of rare. put 4 or 5 level headed people in command and that’s fine. IMO tough.

Hudson
    Participant

The UK people want their country to be ruled by the UK, without consultation, ties and permission of any foreign organisations. The decision to join the EU was the impulsive one, because everyone automatically thought ‘bigger must be better’. Maybe it was good at the start but now we’re hampered and tied in to EU trade deals, rulings and conditions to the point where we have little say in our own affairs any more, not to mention the money ploughed in to the EU every year and quotas – such as fishing – which we have to concede.

Being a bit older, I’ve seen the degeneration of my country over the years into a vassel state – that means a state that has a mutual obligation to a superior state or empire – and never had any doubt that one day we would decide to end it. We need to take back our country and leaving the EU is a necessity.

Trade will continue as it’s in the interests of everyone; nobody will let politics get in the way of profit – we just won’t have our hands tied any more and can trade with the other 93% of the world. The ‘shortages and price increases’ are just scare tactics by a government who don’t want to honour the people’s democratic vote due to their vested interests.

Viewing 6 posts - 91 through 96 (of 96 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.