Silver Offline Problems

 WARNING
  • Author
    Posts
  • #40558
    Maestro
    Keymaster

    Hey guys!

    So recently silver is just going on and off. Even Blast I think doesn’t know the exact situation why is this happening. Silver is still cruical for us guys so plz tell like what you think why or what is causing it here? Temp I believe you told it was because of the pra1 map is it really the case?

    #56477
    punisher
    Keymaster

    It’s happening for a while, we never found a reason why it kept crashing every once in a while, might look into the logs next time it happens.
    Anyhow on the vps it says it’s online and gt says offline, take note of that.

    #56478
    punisher
    Keymaster
    The Tempest, post: 16066, member: 61 wrote:
    Yes, it seemed to jam at the very end of Pra1 for a while and Scarz sorted it out – no idea what he did but there haven’t been any more probs while I’ve been on.

    Always best to try logging in to Silver to see if it’s working – Gametracker tells lies sometimes.

    Funnily enough I logged into Silver last night and as soon as ‘The Tempest has joined the battle’ came up, two players promptly logged out. Either it was pure coincidence… or they feared my deadly skills.. or they were up to no good and left when they saw a clan member come on.

    I’m working on an Alternative then Gametrackers for the sof2 servers.
    The Functionality is there, just having to test some small things and adding a good enough design and i’m done.

    #56479
    BlastorZ
    Participant

    Scarz, what did you know to fix it? I think, when there’s a mistake on the mpacycle file, it just freezes there.

    Now, if the server is on and shows on the game’s server list but gametracker doesn’t show it, i don’t think there’s something we can do. Or do we need to add a gametracker specific master server to our config?

    #56480
    punisher
    Keymaster
    BlastorZ, post: 16085, member: 119 wrote:
    Scarz, what did you know to fix it? I think, when there’s a mistake on the mpacycle file, it just freezes there.

    Now, if the server is on and shows on the game’s server list but gametracker doesn’t show it, i don’t think there’s something we can do. Or do we need to add a gametracker specific master server to our config?
    Na, gametrackers takes it from sof’s masterservers. It’s just gt being a bitch

    #56481
    ScarZ
    Participant

    It was completely crashing for a while, giving a windows error only, nothing in the sof2 crash logs whatsoever though. I did do a clean install and at least now, I don’t believe it’s totally crashing, just showing as down on GameTracker once in a while!

    The mapcycle was fine, no errors whatsoever there, it was just something that windows didn’t like, but after a fresh install and BlastorZ updating windows, it’s no longer crashing, just showing down on GT.

    It may be an issue with attacks or some sort of server flooding, because the 1fx dos protection, if it detects what it thinks to be an attack, will block everything that is attempting to query the server….such as, GameTracker. This may have already been fixed on Silver, not sure, but I know he just fixed it on Gold not long ago, because it would do the same thing.

    #56482
    punisher
    Keymaster

    It had been fixed on silver already as far as i can remember together with the flood fix.

    #56483
    BlastorZ
    Participant
    ScarZ, post: 16139, member: 54 wrote:
    It was completely crashing for a while, giving a windows error only, nothing in the sof2 crash logs whatsoever though. I did do a clean install and at least now, I don’t believe it’s totally crashing, just showing as down on GameTracker once in a while!

    The mapcycle was fine, no errors whatsoever there, it was just something that windows didn’t like, but after a fresh install and BlastorZ updating windows, it’s no longer crashing, just showing down on GT.

    It may be an issue with attacks or some sort of server flooding, because the 1fx dos protection, if it detects what it thinks to be an attack, will block everything that is attempting to query the server….such as, GameTracker. This may have already been fixed on Silver, not sure, but I know he just fixed it on Gold not long ago, because it would do the same thing.

    Scarz, when possible, please take a look on the head admin chat about the mod. If you could give some insight, that would be great.

    #56484
    punisher
    Keymaster

    Its. Mainly egys that play, and. Dont know how it works, usually dont even vote f1 or f2, unless they speak english properly.

    If somebody votes it are usually western ppl or israeli ppl.

    #56485
    ScarZ
    Participant

    I really don’t know why, but it seems that looking at the server console on the VPS, it’s not moving along, like it gets froze up and doesn’t continue writing to the console. Like for example this is a line taken from the server console, “Kill: 6 5 4: RoadHog killed TheMachine by MOD_M590_SHOTGUN”, and then it’s supposed to continue to print the next line and so on, whatever happens if it’s a kill, etc..

    I noticed that if I log into the VPS and scroll on the console it will start it back up writing again, and then when GT scans it again, it will then show online. I don’t exactly know what’s causing it, but I changed a couple things in the config to see what happens. Nothing major, just a couple things to test.

    If it weren’t for the server showing offline on GT so often, it would probably be ranked at least 3 placed higher than what it is now!

    #56486
    BlastorZ
    Participant

    Maybe it’s time to set up some log rotarion auto schedule. Some weeks ago, i manually zipped and renamed some log files, as they were too big. Some was almost 1GB! Which is really a lot. Maybe Silver doesn’t cope too well with big files. I’ll see what i can do.

    #56487
    ScarZ
    Participant

    It’s now completely crashing again…below is the Windows error produced from the crash. I’m not sure what it means, and haven’t had a chance to research it or anything yet.

    Faulting application name: sof2mp.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x3cd34314
    Faulting module name: msvcrt.dll, version: 7.0.7601.17744, time stamp: 0x4eeaf722
    Exception code: 0xc0000005

    #56488
    ScarZ
    Participant

    I added a few missing dll’s into the sof2 folder along with that msvcrt.dll file, not completely sure if it will work, but let’s see before doing anything else.

    #56489
    BlastorZ
    Participant

    Damn, this is odd…. is that sof2.mp.exe the one from 1fx or something? The one that has a 1fx master server list?

    #56490
    ScarZ
    Participant
    BlastorZ, post: 17490, member: 119 wrote:
    Damn, this is odd…. is that sof2.mp.exe the one from 1fx or something? The one that has a 1fx master server list?

    Yep it sure is…. I think it’s the .NET update from last update causing the issue.

    There is a new update available on the server now, and it has something to do with .NET security, so it may be a fix for it not sure, haven’t been able to update yet today.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.