Psychological Discussion Corner

 WARNING
  • Author
    Posts
  • #40995
    Maestro
    Keymaster
    All about psychology and interesting facts about it go here :D
    #63946
    Maestro
    Keymaster
    [MEDIA=youtube]X75Roe_davA[/MEDIA]

    VERY GOOD VIDEO TO FORGET ABOUT YOUR FEAR OF WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK OF YOU!

    #63947
    Aria
    Participant
    Maestro, post: 29885, member: 187 wrote:
    [MEDIA=youtube]X75Roe_davA[/MEDIA]

    VERY GOOD VIDEO TO FORGET ABOUT YOUR FEAR OF WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK OF YOU!

    Nice video :D

    #63948
    Aria
    Participant

    Now that i discovered this discussion corner, i can share some informations about psychology!!

    Some of you maybe doesn’t know i am doing psychology studies. I am on my 3rd year! still 2 years to do to have the diploma! and in these 2 years i am going to specialize myself in one side of the psychology. I am probably going to become a neuropsychologist. A neuropsychologist works on the realtion between the brain and our cognitive capacity, our emotion, our behaviour, etc. The neuropsychologist works with patients with lesions in their brain. They do first a diagnostic (most of the time with tests) in order to know which capacity is touch precisely , and then they can help the patient to “overcome” it, try other ways to do somethings. it’s a cognitive remediation. for exemple you have some memory troubles, they can works with the patient to set up some “reflex”: like using a calendar, set up alarms on his phone, etc
    it’s not the only work of the neuropsychologist, but most of them do that.

    Well, this introduction overs, i can know talk about a subject i am working on because of a project at school. With my schoolmate we are working on the consciousness and unconsciousness in neuropsychology. we work on some pathologies and i would like to talk to you about one of them (for the moment) named the Blindsight.

    So first i would like to show you this picture of a part of the visual pathway. it is the most known one.
    photos_82DF0D2A-BFD1-4043-B3B8-644A45DD0F38.jpg
    to explain quickly, we have two hemispheres : the right one take care about or left body and reciprocally. it’s the same thing in vision: every left visual field of each eye is analysed by the right side of the brain and reciprocally.
    The primary visual cortex is the first level of input to the visual cortex, it categorizes the information and send them in other areas to get analysed. if there is damage to this part, we can be blind

    SO people with blindsight have damage in this part of the brain! everything is intact except this part. For exemple i am going to talk about the case of Mr D.B.
    This person has a legion in the right primary visual cortex. he can’t see in the left visual field.
    Some experimentation have been done. some light stimuli were presented in the right or left visual field . we could only see the right visual field.
    BUT one person asked him to orientate his eyes or indicate where the light stimulus came from. SURPRISE: most of the time the patient suffering from blindsight was right.
    To resume, they conclude that these patients couldn’t see consciously the stimuli but there was an unconscious perceptive processus activated.

    You all saw the visual pathway the most KNOWN, but there is a little one, archaic, faster then the first one, the quality of the vision is not rich and precise as the other one.
    They goes to the superior colliculus ! (you can see it in the picture)

    BUT we are all using this part! not only Blindsight people :) In an other post will tell how they succeed to discover that ^^

    #63949
    punisher
    Keymaster
    Aria, post: 29887, member: 66 wrote:
    Now that i discovered this discussion corner, i can share some informations about psychology!!

    Some of you maybe doesn’t know i am doing psychology studies. I am on my 3rd year! still 2 years to do to have the diploma! and in these 2 years i am going to specialize myself in one side of the psychology. I am probably going to become a neuropsychologist. A neuropsychologist works on the realtion between the brain and our cognitive capacity, our emotion, our behaviour, etc. The neuropsychologist works with patients with lesions in their brain. They do first a diagnostic (most of the time with tests) in order to know which capacity is touch precisely , and then they can help the patient to “overcome” it, try other ways to do somethings. it’s a cognitive remediation. for exemple you have some memory troubles, they can works with the patient to set up some “reflex”: like using a calendar, set up alarms on his phone, etc
    it’s not the only work of the neuropsychologist, but most of them do that.

    Well, this introduction overs, i can know talk about a subject i am working on because of a project at school. With my schoolmate we are working on the consciousness and unconsciousness in neuropsychology. we work on some pathologies and i would like to talk to you about one of them (for the moment) named the Blindsight.

    So first i would like to show you this picture of a part of the visual pathway. it is the most known one.
    photos_82DF0D2A-BFD1-4043-B3B8-644A45DD0F38.jpg
    to explain quickly, we have two hemispheres : the right one take care about or left body and reciprocally. it’s the same thing in vision: every left visual field of each eye is analysed by the right side of the brain and reciprocally.
    The primary visual cortex is the first level of input to the visual cortex, it categorizes the information and send them in other areas to get analysed. if there is damage to this part, we can be blind

    SO people with blindsight have damage in this part of the brain! everything is intact except this part. For exemple i am going to talk about the case of Mr D.B.
    This person has a legion in the right primary visual cortex. he can’t see in the left visual field.
    Some experimentation have been done. some light stimuli were presented in the right or left visual field . we could only see the right visual field.
    BUT one person asked him to orientate his eyes or indicate where the light stimulus came from. SURPRISE: most of the time the patient suffering from blindsight was right.
    To resume, they conclude that these patients couldn’t see consciously the stimuli but there was an unconscious perceptive processus activated.

    You all saw the visual pathway the most KNOWN, but there is a little one, archaic, faster then the first one, the quality of the vision is not rich and precise as the other one.
    They goes to the superior colliculus ! (you can see it in the picture)

    BUT we are all using this part! not only Blindsight people :) In an other post will tell how they succeed to discover that ^^
    Summarizing this text: she hypnotizing people. :confused:

    Seriously tho, interesting to read this. Couldnt understand some parts after the image due to terminology being to difficult.

    #63950
    BlastorZ
    Participant

    Brain is a good muscle to work out :) Hard to do it tough.

    #63951
    punisher
    Keymaster
    BlastorZ, post: 29958, member: 119 wrote:
    Brain is a good muscle to work out :) Hard to do it tough.

    Not hard to do, just learn some random programming language and work with a team of at least 2 people and you’ll get your brain muscle work out.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.