Community Mapcycle for Silver Main Server

WARNING
  • Author
    punisher
    Keymaster

I noticed we did not have an official community mapcycle thread for our Silver Server, and with the activity on the server and requests from people, I think it would be good to have a thread for this.

Currently our mapcycle is as following:

1. mp_col1 CTF – TL20 SL0
    2. mp_raven CTF – TL20 SL0
    3. mp_hk1 DM – TL0 SL75
    4. mp_shop CTF – TL20 SL0
    5. mp_kam2 CTF – TL15 SL5
    6. mp_pra1 DM – TL0 SL75
    7. mp_finca CTF – TL20 SL0
    8. finca1 CTF – TL15 SL0

Feel free to request changes in this thread, we’ll look into the requests if it’s thought to have positive effects.

rmml
    Participant

Maybe something like:

Code:
    mapcycle
    {
    map1
    {
    command “map mp_pra1”
    cvars
    {
    g_gametype DM
    scorelimit 100
    timelimit 15
    }
    }
    map2
    {
    command “map mp_raven”
    cvars
    {
    g_gametype CTF
    scorelimit 10
    timelimit 15
    }
    }
    map3
    {
    command “map mp_hk1”
    cvars
    {
    g_gametype DM
    scorelimit 100
    timelimit 15
    }
    }
    map4
    {
    command “map mp_kam2”
    cvars
    {
    g_gametype CTF
    scorelimit 10
    timelimit 15
    }
    }
    map5
    {
    command “map mp_finca”
    cvars
    {
    g_gametype DM
    scorelimit 100
    timelimit 15
    }
    }
    map6
    {
    command “map mp_shop”
    cvars
    {
    g_gametype CTF
    scorelimit 10
    timelimit 15
    }
    }
    }
    Gman
    Participant

All maps 20 min and score limit 0 fine for me but some peps want sl 5 or 10 ??
    And take away M203 ffs please :D :D
    naabs shoot it and run for HP to get a new nade .

BlastorZ
    Participant

I think 75 for DMs is already a overkill for silver, let about 100. IMHO.

aKademiks
    Participant

The current cycle seems good,however would be nice to see a bigger selection of maps and possible another game type?

For example why not include some Team Deathmatch?

Kam1 is a large Map for it and would make a nice change, also would be nice to see hos1 (dm) as its fast paced.
    Kam2 dm is also badass and your not all spawning on top of one another.

Also a out there suggestion as i know its always been a no no with hop but how about the odd custom map?
    For example italy CTF?
    Or the edited version of hk1 CTF as it use to be very popular on S4A Battle out

Ballz
    Participant

With great pleasure im helpin Gman keepin the server clean from hackbastards 🙂 haha.
    Gman and i have discussed a few times about some changes in the server.
    Cause its gettin very VERY crowded at the moment and thats awsome offcourse!!!

Im always listening to the crowd what the like and dont like in the server, so here is our thoughts.

!. !!PLEASE!! remove the nade from the M4. (many people are complaining about it and with a full server its hard to play normal)
    2. And if its not to much work to remove the map mp_col1 and replace that one with kam1 (CTF) (everytime when we enter mp_col1, they gonna start next map voting)
    3. And if possible maybe enter 2 extra maps, after a poll in the server most votes came out for a dessert map (CTF) and shop4 (DM).

Im convinced if this can be done the server will explode 24/7 haha

Keep up the good work fellows.

Thanks Mike

Maestro
    Keymaster

Thank you guys for activity! Hopefully Punisher sees this, from what I understand our leadership in terms of actually both punisher and blastorz do read the forum so we will keep watch over what is happening here and get your messages across.

aKademiks
    Participant

Thanks Maestro!.

One other minor thing i feel is needed is players to be limited to 1 nade only. Maps like raven and kam2 are so tight for 2, especially dealing with the m203 too.

punisher
    Keymaster

We are currently working in overhauling our mapcycles on both gold and silver.
    Are there any favorable maps on silver similar to mp_shop2 and mp_jor1 on gold that you guys want to be occurring?

aKademiks
    Participant

I would say that Raven CTF and Finca CTF seems to be a winner on the server despite a few minor tweaks needed but they are not really map cycle related.

The issue with silver is that there are simply not enough maps to choose from ad you guys are aware of other then the single player map edits and to be honest some of them are sketchy.

I think when you come to change the map cycle it would be nice to see some of those sp map edits included and one of the current ones modified. The finca map with the pool that is a sp edit needs some adjustments in my personal opinion, not much but the spawn area at pool there is a gate that i have seen on some previous servers where either one of the gate ent has been removed so you can go in/out via the side gate. This makes it a bit more fair in regards to flag defending.

In regards to map edits i could of swore we had a edit for hk1 CTF that would make a nice addition to the server as its something fresh.

And similar to the gold server there is that fast paced version of shop for dm that would be a gun map to have in the cycle that some people may or may not of played previously.

In regards to the standard maps i would say remove col1 as nobody likes it what so ever and gets voted off ALOT pretty much as soon as it loads.

Kam2 i personally think is a good map despite what people say. Maybe limiting the amount of nades on this map would be a sensible suggestion as teams getting trapped are getting frustrated being trapped.
    If possible maybe a edit to kam2 bringing the flags outside onto the bridges would stop the frustration of being base trapped / camped.

Please please also introduce a new dm map …hos1 again another fast paced map with lots of action.

I know you already are working in the overhaul and i know you guys know what works and what does not but if possible could you possibly look at the following settings too ….

– Limiting nades to x1
    – Removing or modifying m203 (ie less power in the m203 or maybe change it to smoke?)
    – Increase the anti camper time slightly as there are certain players and i wont name and shame that are ruining games for others with non stop camping.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.