Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Problems visiting our website? send a mail to tech@houseofpainserver.com

The Incredible Shrinking Biscuit

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by The Tempest, Sep 20, 2015.

1. A topic that's dear to my heart; biscuits (or as you Americans call them 'cookies').

I've noticed over the years that biscuits have been steadily getting smaller. Being an older guy, I can go back to the 60's and they were FAR bigger than they are today. They've steadily decreased in size year by year and I want to know why. Same company, same product..but smaller. They're shaving 2mm off biscuits per year; I've carefully researched this and yes, I know I need to get out more.

One time you had to break a biscuit in half to dunk it in your tea but now the whole thing fits in the cup easily. I rest my case.

As an example, back in 1969 I was walking past the local canal when I saw a man fall in. Luckily I'd just been shopping and had a packet of Custard Creams. I threw him one and he was able to cling to it until he could be rescued. That's how big biscuits were then.

On another occasion, I once dropped a Chocolate Bourbon onto my bare foot and it broke 4 toes. Now that's what I call a biscuit.

Okay, I may have slightly exaggerated the above but has anyone else noticed their biscuits shrinking? Is it happening world-wide or just here in UK. These are questions that need answers.

2. Tyler

Tyler Clan Member
    Clan Member

"Slightly exaggerating" - hehe
    Ye, I like chocote chips cookies and they are getting smaller and smaller. But the dutch "stroopwafel" doesnt, so I still have my reason to live on this planet.

3. Lady

Lady Clan Leader
    Staff Member Administrator S-Admin Tournament Management Steam Member Clan Leader Clan Member

Tempest, you are either crazy or hilarious LOL still debatable. Yes the "biscuits" in the US shrink each year as well but the reason for this is because 80% of Americans are obese or fat and one of the new health guidelines in this country "created by our First Lady Mrs. Obama" is to decrease portion sizes in products such as "biscuits". It's hard to get through this without laughing, sorry ;) but what i said about the US is true.

4. Snake.uK

Snake.uK Guest

Everything over here has already shrunk big time!

Now you americans from from i last remember from when i went to Florida can still buy "Extra Large" fries at mcdonals but over here they have stopped it due to children getting over weight etc...

Now me i just go ahead and buy multiple large to make up for it so its no big deal it just costs more.

Biscuits are getting thinner and smaller and i can only presume its due to the same thing .... kids eating too many , its the same as crisps or as you americans call them chips. The bags are full of air and 5% crisps / chips but yet the prices are higher.
    I find it strange that you pay for thin air these days in the UK.

5. So it seems it's a world-wide problem, not just a British one. This more serious than I thought.

I've written to the UN demanding that they station troops at all European biscuit factories and hold regular quality control inspections to maintain the biscuit sizes. This will work for most manufacturers but the Nestle company is a problem, as it's based in Switzerland and therefore neutral.

I've recommended economic sanctions against them and also a blockade of the harbours so that none of their transport ships can leave until they promise to stop making KitKats smaller. I also want the UN to forbid anyone buying Swiss watches until they submit. Stocks of Ferrero Rocher will be checked too, as they seem to be shrinking alarmingly and have less crunchy bits in them - my g/f was most upset at the tiny box I gave her and I did not get the night of passion I'd hoped for.

6. N008

N008 Clan Member
    S-Admin Clan Member

Hopefully they'll act logicaly and do as you've suggested.
    If not, someone should file a complaint for crimes against humanity at the ICC in hague.
    How the hell aren't there any protests about this? it's as if the factories hire hitmen for people conspiring against their vile acts.
    This is simply outrageous.

7. Lady

Lady Clan Leader
    Staff Member Administrator S-Admin Tournament Management Steam Member Clan Leader Clan Member

:nooooo:

Attached Files:

8. Great poster Lady :) even dog biccies are on the decline too.