Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Terms & conditions changed

Discussion in 'News & Updates' started by punisher, Dec 29, 2017.

1. punisher

punisher Hacker
    Administrator S-Admin Clan Leader Clan Member

As we were heading to a new platform, i've been checking some information which i had to transfer over and noticed that our terms & conditions were very poorly made.

About 2 paragraphs stating that we are not responsible and that racism, hatred and other similar things are not allowed.

The Terms and conditions have now been adjusted. In case you are wondering, i did not write it but got it from a template. These terms and conditions will now be serving on our website.

Terms and Conditions can be found here: http://houseofpainserver.co.uk/community/help/terms

2. The Tempest

The Tempest Active Member

That's very heavy stuff - looks more like something Apple or Microsoft would have on their websites. :) Looks very impressive though so GJ. (I used to do a lot of 'Terms & Conditions' for clients I did graphic design for - hardest part was fitting it all on the back of a form lol)

'No use of House of Pain’s logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement'. That bit is interesting - has the HoP logo actually been registered as a trademark then?

3. punisher

punisher Hacker

- edit: nvm, just noticed it says trademark license agreement. :D
    As i said, i didn't write it myself. Read through the Terms and conditions and adjusted parts which do not apply or are different for us. Probably overlooked that part, and kept it.

4. Maestro

Maestro Sexy And Deadly Joker
    S-Admin Tournament Management Clan Member

WHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA MAN nice find. But hey still good job on the rules in general. And actually maybe it could be phrased like we do not permit of unsolicited use of our logo or something like that, that's far more accurate. But I mean I think Punisher is looking forward when we will become a huge corporation with great ammount of assets WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

5. punisher

punisher Hacker

Nop, europe regulations or atleast dutch regulation require it.

Also be aware of cookie notices coming up on the new platform due to the eu cookie policy.

6. The Tempest

The Tempest Active Member

A lot of the ones I did also had the 'Force Majeure' bit too - freeing them from all resposibility for loss due to war, act of God, etc. Basically every disaster you can think of. Stick this bit in then nobody can blame HoP if their pc blows up while playing on the server. Part (e) even mentions 'tempest' lol

"Force Majeure Event" means the occurrence of:

(a) an act of war (whether declared or not), hostilities, invasion, act of foreign enemies, terrorism or civil disorder;

(b) ionising radiations, or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel, or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel, radioactive toxic explosive or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear assembly or nuclear component thereof;

(c) pressure waves from devices travelling at supersonic speeds or damage caused by any aircraft or similar device;

(d) a strike or strikes or other industrial action or blockade or embargo or any other form of civil disturbance (whether lawful or not), in each case affecting on a general basis the industry related to the affected Services and which is not attributable to any unreasonable action or inaction on the part of the Company or any of its Subcontractors or suppliers and the settlement of which is beyond the reasonable control of all such persons;

(d) specific incidents of exceptional adverse weather conditions in excess of those required to be designed for in this Agreement which are materially worse than those encountered in the relevant places at the relevant time of year during the twenty (20) years prior to the Effective Date;

(e) tempest, earthquake or any other natural disaster of overwhelming proportions; pollution of water sources resulting from any plane crashing into [ ];

(f) discontinuation of electricity supply, not covered by the agreement concluded with the [utility company]; or

(g) other unforeseeable circumstances beyond the control of the Parties against which it would have been unreasonable for the affected party to take precautions and which the affected party cannot avoid even by using its best efforts.

BlastorZ and Maestro like this.
  7. Maestro

Maestro Sexy And Deadly Joker
    S-Admin Tournament Management Clan Member

WHAHAAHAHAHAH OMFG I READ IT ALL AND IT'S MARVELOUS! NOW WE ARE ALL LEGALLY PROTECTED WITH THIS ACT! GREAT JOB TEMPEST! HOP LEGAL COUNCEL SINCE 2014 @C ALL RIGHTS RESERVED!