Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Teamspeak Reorganization

Discussion in 'News & Updates' started by punisher, Jul 7, 2017.

1. punisher

punisher Hacker
    Administrator S-Admin Clan Leader Clan Member

Hello everybody,

The teamspeak server will be undergoing some maintenance somewhere in the upcoming days.
    With this we'll do some reorganization, meaning channel Clean-up and Permission cleanup.

Why is Teamspeak going to be cleaned up?
    When you look up on the Teamspeak server you see a lot of servers. Most of them are useful and used, but some are useless and barely used.

Why would we need SOF2 Gold Lounge, together with Red Team and Blue Team + a Scrim channel with the same specifications? Same goes with Clan Night server. All of these can fit inside the Soldier of Fortune 2 Gold Lounge with only 2 sub channels, which are Red Team and Blue Team.

Besides this almost every person using Teamspeak is currently being given Server Admin, giving him/her the possibility to bypass permission settings and password protected channels.

Server Admin should only be assigned to the Teamspeak moderators, and Leaders. Which are only a handful of people.
    Almost everybody else should be a regular Admin or a guest.

We noticed yesterday that apparently everybody had been given Server admin, instead of regular admin and are able to bypass all password protected servers. While they are password protected for a reason.

This is a notification that the teamspeak server will be reset/reorganized and cleanup, so everybody has the correct permissions.

2. Itzcoatl

Itzcoatl Well-Known Member
    S-Admin Tournament Management Clan Leader Clan Member Member Management

remove TS and use Discord :p

3. punisher

punisher Hacker

They refuse, and say it's "to Difficult to use", but i know they haven't used it and you know why. ^^

Itzcoatl likes this.
  4. punisher

punisher Hacker

Permissions updated
    Ranks have been changed on Teamspeak.
    The ranks are currently:
    Server Admin (People getting all permissions on the teamspeak server.)
    Clan Member (Our members, S-Admin, Admin, Clan)
    Guest (Everybody else)

There might be a VIP rank coming up, for teamspeak regulars. People not in our clan that do deserve a rank with some permissions for the Teamspeak server.

All members should now be Clan member. They should be able to see a "C" next to their name, instead of the usual "S".
    Server Administrators will be seen as "S".
    Lady and I will be discussing who should be accounted as Server Administrator and who shouldn't, or to add new ranks suited for people to help manage our Teamspeak while not getting all permissions.

5. punisher

punisher Hacker

Channels updated
    I have removed a bunch of "Unused or unnecessary" channels.
    Private lobbies remain untouched.

6. punisher

punisher Hacker

I'm unsure if clan members are able to create private lobbies, and will check into this later.
    However if clan members are unable, and you want a private lobby to be made, then simply post a message and i'll create the channel, and give you the Channel Admin rank.

7. Maestro

Maestro Sexy And Deadly Joker
    S-Admin Tournament Management Clan Member

Hisuka came in tons of times and trolled me and Storm on TS and heckled whole teams of people when we played scrim practices with serious intentions of competing... But when we come and mess around with him a little bit he goes apeshit and cries about it. Either way nobody wanted to mess up his fun or whatever, we later got the idea of coming to other TS anyway. But the only way in which this system would be fair is if only you and lady are admins or whatever. Because if for example Hector or Hisuka are admins on TS and me and storm are clan as I think I already noticed it's wrong as we frequent TS on a very regular basis. Since the beginning of this clan we have been on TS A LOT! So this has to be fair. Just because of this instance we shouldn't be removed as admins unless it's really only you and lady.

#7 Maestro, Jul 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  8. punisher

punisher Hacker

I didn't knew everybody got Server admin on Teamspeak, up untill the day lady said it, rofl.
    And as Server Admins have no limits to their permissions they are able to delete everything from teamspeak, kick every admin out of a certain group, ban anybody, change any permission etc... Which isn't good if about 50 people have Server Admin...

Only the people that manage the Teamspeak will be granted Server Admin.
    Lady will tell me the people that need Server Admin on Teamspeak and the rest will remain either Clan or Guest.

edit - You an see Server Admin as RCON on sof2. When you have rcon you are able to do anything on the server and change all server configurations and settings. Server Admins can do the same, and change every setting of the server.

9. punisher

punisher Hacker

The teamspeak server has been set properly for now. Changes are the once said in previous posts above.
    Minor changes might still come up lateron.

10. BlastorZ

BlastorZ Well-Known Member
    S-Admin Clan Member System Operator

Yay, enough with the empty and pointless channels.

11. Storm

Storm Clan Member
    S-Admin Clan Member

I will still need to move people in ts while having scrim games. I hope its still possible.

SlimShady likes this.
  12. Maestro

Well guess what? It isn't since we are just clan.... And ofc because we are bad boys lol

13. Maestro

+ I think that every friend of Lady has a server admin as I understand and we don't... So this is an interesting hunch I got... This is totally unfair and not reasonable...

Like Shay for example... So Shay can have admin and ofc M@estro and Storm can't... SO I am waiting for a bit more explaining here from our dear leadership :).

P.S. Here is the full list of admins who for one or another reason seem to be more competent than we in having an admin on TS...

[​IMG]

Again HiSuka who heckled us all on very important competitive matches and scrim games more than 5 or 6 times remains an admin, but when we heckle him one lousy time then everybody goes apeshit take away our admin... Was it because he was playing CS:GO which is more sacred game or what's the reason? Either way I made my case and please restore balance and justice to this...

#13 Maestro, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  14. punisher

punisher Hacker

As i stated earlier, the only people that should have "Server Admin" are the once maintaining the Teamspeak server.

According to Lady: Me, Eric, Lady, Muffin, Nooby and Shay are the once who are in the people who are managing Teamspeak.
    idk how hisuka and hector got on the list tho.

Clan should be able to do most features they previously could.
    Think about Create a channel (only now Temporary or semi-permanent), kick, move people, manage people in channels.

BUT they aren't able to enter password protected channels without the password, they aren't able to create user groups, they aren't able to grant people access to a certain user group, They aren't able to create permanent server channels, they aren't able to get into administrative side of ts, etc...

#14 punisher, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  15. Maestro

AT LEAST The tournament/event/scrim managers should have admins as we need them for practical operations as well for example like moving people from channel to channel etc. We are all loyal people who should have it. I understand about not everybody needing to have admins that maybe true, even tho before I don't think we had any problems with them as these people never did anybody wrong or kicked or banned people falsely. Either way if you don't grant us admins back, I am talking to Lady. About Hisuka and Hector do on your own accord, but if they remain Admins, then I don't see why people like Slim, RUS, Malina etc. shouldn't have admins...

16. Maestro

So I will direct Lady attention to this topic if I don't get any clear answers and decisions from you puni...

17. punisher

punisher Hacker

Everybody with Clan Rank on TS is able to move people, kick people. Server Admin is only for the people that actually manage the Teamspeak server in regards of group management and channel management. Server Admin equals every power and it bypasses everything. Clan limits regarding members, groups and the bypassing part.

tournament/event/scrim managers don't have anything to do regarding the tasks of these called "Server Admin", thus they are assigned as Clan, and all things which they should be doing are already allowed on that group.

18. punisher

punisher Hacker

Regarding hisuka and hector having Server Admin.
    Lad gave hisuka Server Admin, as she thought that was regular admin. We are guessing by then that hisuka gave hector server admin with that, as that is how it went the past few years already. She now figured out Clan is the same as Admin, so she'll be assigning everybody to Clan from now on.

19. Maestro

I'll check it out if I can move people into my channel or no later. Additionally again, if Hisuka, Hector etc. are above our own HoP members and shall be admins and I see it it's gonna be a problem.

20. SlimShady

SlimShady Well-Known Member
    Server Regular THE LEGEND

Can I be teamspeak head admin? Please, please, please... [​IMG]

BlastorZ, Gun4hire and Maestro like this.