Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Our new server is up

Discussion in 'News & Updates' started by Medvedik, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Medvedik

Medvedik Active Member
    Server Regular

As title says, our new server is up and running with a mapcycle.

<HoP> HouseOfPain

IP:85.17.189.117:20122

Hope we have a few to come test it with me because alone it can't be tested:p

2. SlimShady

SlimShady Well-Known Member
    Server Regular THE LEGEND

Okay Medvedik, you doin great job with this server, but i still dont get the IDEA....We have one main gold server (31.186.250.124:20101)which popularity is very low these days, but why then we need second one??? We even cant concentrate some traffic on one server, but who gonna play on another one? Its like lets start 5 servers, and in each we will have one player playing.....instead of having one good server with all 5 players in it!(for example) Leading sof clans are using one server per clan, so what exactly second server will bring to us? Players from first one?

Just my two cents....

Maestro likes this.
  3. Gun4hire

Gun4hire Hail faii.
    S-Admin Tournament Management Steam Member Clan Member Forum Moderator

thinking the same: although it should be used ONLY when server is down imho

4. punisher

punisher Hacker
    Administrator S-Admin Clan Leader Clan Member

It's a backup server. Meaning that's the alternative whenever our vps goes down.

5. Maestro

Maestro Sexy And Deadly Joker
    S-Admin Tournament Management Clan Member

@Medvedik you doing great job man. But like slim said I think this server could serve us well if used only in the proper context, not like a second main server.

I think the only way it could be like the second main server is if you would make it full on EXTREME DAMAGE server or like ULTRA DAMAGE server like CHP. But then it does need bots! Honestly I think there is no point in me even testing this server until I personally see that there is this condition that is met. And I mean I am completely for anyone going and testing the server, I am just saying that I think that the most practical application for this server would be if it was kinda like Hools or Evil direct competitor from HoP!!! Now that's worth something yes!

Medvedik likes this.
  6. punisher

punisher Hacker
    Administrator S-Admin Clan Leader Clan Member

ya'll gotta read.

N008 likes this.
  7. BlastorZ

BlastorZ Well-Known Member
    S-Admin Clan Member System Operator

So it will be turned on when vps is off or showing on master list all the time?

8. Medvedik

Medvedik Active Member
    Server Regular

Was not the meaning for when main is down only. Said it before on TS what purpose was but yes also as back-up for when main goes down. Thats why also the new server has multiple mods on it. For fun play like main and for competition settings for events with other damage etc :)

Maestro likes this.
  9. Maestro

Maestro Sexy And Deadly Joker
    S-Admin Tournament Management Clan Member

I honestly think it should be just for the heck of it be converted into hop extreme damage server we can test if it passively brings us crowd with MC we also have on our main. I will ofc still play on main as it's always my preffered destanation, but who knows. Anyway it's just my two cents and I do respect the job Darky did ofc!

10. Medvedik

Medvedik Active Member
    Server Regular

That is a possibility to do with the server. I think me, Puni and Eric are here the most experienced ones with server settings. When i have the time i will see what i can do with the damage. @Maestro when you have the time for it come on there and you can see for yourself it is ok or need more. And when you are on there i fix you the statusses admin/sysop. You have admin on main so is normal i grant the admin power on our new server :)

Maestro likes this.