Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Problems visiting our website? send a mail to tech@houseofpainserver.com

New server

Discussion in 'Soldier of Fortune 2 : Gold Edition' started by Cesc95*, May 27, 2019.

1. Ces

Cesc95* New Member

Hello to everyone! I'd like to suggest everyone about renting a new server for us, a Rocmod2.1c one which is different from 1fx Mod server to do some fun mix games like at max amount of 16 players on the server in a 8 vs 8 match or tranining days for those who want to practice, I've already seen some pretty good servers with anti-ddos from elitegameservers website, so why not ? All we need is active people who wants to play. I'm willing to pay it for a month, we test it, we see if it goes well and then if you want to rent it for more time, just get in touch with the owners of that site.
    Let me know what you think.

2. punisher

punisher Hacker
    Administrator S-Admin Clan Leader Clan Member

We dont need to rent another server, i think we still have space on our vps.
    Anyhow be aware that 1fx is an enhanced version of rocmod 2.1c, and in basics contains exactly the same functionality.
    However on the hop server we heavily tweaked the settings, to the liking of the people.

Rocmod has the downside of having a backdoor in it's main code, and i remember there was an executable being the hotfix.

RUS and Cesc95* like this.
  3. RUS

RUS Well-known Russian
    Server Regular THE LEGEND VIP

agree!

4. Maestro

Maestro Sexy And Deadly Joker
    S-Admin Tournament Management Clan Member Forum Moderator

What we fucking need is a valid protection from these fucking DDOS attacks!

5. punisher

punisher Hacker
    Administrator S-Admin Clan Leader Clan Member

Even the biggest companies have to deal with it, however they have huge budgets. We however, do not have those budgets.

If you want to go more technical into it, most modern games run are "Cloud" based. Meaning their game servers run completely on the cloud.
    They most likely have things such as Load Balancers so distribute traffic over their servers, and to scale the amount of servers required.

One can simply use a botnet to ddos us, and the only thing we could do is try and filter out those people. Which is what our firewall tries to do if i'm not mistaking.