Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Movie Review Corner

Discussion in 'Music & Movie Lounge' started by Maestro, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Storm

Storm Clan Member
    S-Admin Clan Member

Is it Battle of Stirling all again?

Btw your movie Death Wish sounds pretty interesting, I like movies where men get some justice one way or another :D

Imust do illegal download at somepoint.

2. The Tempest

The Tempest Member

It was a local rivalry game between Newcastle & Sunderland. Always hated each other :)

Death Wish is on this site..
    http://www1.putlockers.fm/
    A few pop-up pages still get through, even with Adblock on but it's a good site.

3. The Tempest

The Tempest Member

Here's a weird movie I just watched..'Annihilation' (2018). I won't reveal any of the plot as it's such a strange movie but basically, an area of coloured lights appear in the jungle and any reserach teams sent in never return. The area is constantly expanding and threatening civilisation so a doctor and another team are sent in...

An unusual movie with some good themes; sci-fi, ecological and just plain weird at times. Plus some very good CGI. I enjoyed it..but don't know why :) 8/10 on the Tempest Scale.

Attached Files:

Storm likes this.
  4. Storm

Storm Clan Member
    S-Admin Clan Member

I dont know if this thread was supposed to be about new movie reviews, but whatever.

Did see yesterday rambo 4 ( 2008 ) and I did find it decent action movie, mainly because of the boat scene, with some funny banter with the mercs. Also the movie had gore levels that surely satisfies even hardcore sof2 gamer ! :D

5. Maestro

Maestro Sexy And Deadly Joker
    S-Admin Tournament Management Clan Member

@Hudson so hey man I promised I make and summize my thoughts a bit on the movie of Suicide Squad. I will try to keep this short and sweet. Basically Jared Leto does quite a great job even, but NOT AT ALL close to Heath Ledger iconic performance. Now below might be just a couple of spoilers for suicide squad (further I will call it SS), but again I think nothing you could have either seen already and spoilers will be very minor.

Basically quite all the characters in a movie were amazing, especially Harley Quinn in a sense of how she was played and some of nice lines she had. BUT and it is a HUGE problem with the movie that if you do not watch the extended version of the movie you will see kinda quite different movie. So for example in the main movie they made Joker sometimes look like either gay, hip or a cuck and he got angry for example in this scene and JEALOUS!! Which is completely uncannon and basically impossible for Joker to do. He never gave a slightest fuck about Harley, if only for small special moments very rarely, which is ofc right way a man of his stature would act. But here they make him seem like a fucking cuck which is beyond pathetic.

But in extended cut if we compare the scenes for example like this scene right here, we can see the true Joker and it is here where Leto's acting TRULY TRULY comes out AMAZING. He has said himself that they have cut so so many scenes of him off that he was pissed. Leto did good job with rescources he had, but the studio cut footage like this out:

The movie as a whole is quite enjoyable, but soundtracks are sometimes off, even tho in general there have been a number of songs on the soundtracks that have especially been made like 21 pilots - heathens song which was fucking epic! But sometimes they place akward songs at akward places really. Anyway the movie is good, I suggest you watch it and it is quite enjoyable but don't go with too high hopes. I think of the movie as this that has in part inspired a lot of my personal creativity and for that I absolutely love this movie for some amazing amazing creative concepts like Harley dress etc (Joker not so much). But as the movie in vacuum it does not hold up too great, but a very fun ride for one time!

Hudson likes this.
  6. Hudson

Hudson New Member

Good review Mae - sounds like a great movie, I'll track it down on the 'net and watch it.

I know what you mean about extended movies, they're always much better. If you watch Alien 3 you have to watch extended version because it explains the plot more - the shorter 'made for cinema' version has people vanishing without any explanation and it's more confusing.

Looking forward to watching 'Mortal Engines' when I can find a clear copy on the 'net - looks spectacular movie :)

Maestro likes this.
  7. BlastorZ

BlastorZ Well-Known Member
    S-Admin Clan Member System Operator

I fell asleep when i saw suicide squad... Too much circus.

Recently i re-checked inception and oblivion. Christofer Nolan always delivers!