Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Movie Review Corner

Discussion in 'Music & Movie Lounge' started by Maestro, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Maestro

Maestro Sexy And Deadly Joker
    S-Admin Tournament Management Clan Member

Hey so just if anyone is interested in writing like a review for a specific movie (try to keep it spoiler free, or then write a disclaimer before the post clearly stating that spoilers are ahead), go ahead and have fun! :)

2. punisher

punisher Hacker
    Administrator S-Admin Clan Leader Clan Member

A good movie about the 6 day terrorism attack in London in the 80's.

3. The Tempest

The Tempest Active Member

Just watched this one. Good plot and acting and spectacular SFX. Watch it on a BIG screen!

Good acting from all the cast, though the plot has been seen before - 'Scientist wants to help world while baddies want to control world' but the movie flows along nicely with no slow parts. Of course Gerard Butler would have been killed a hundred times over if it was all real but this is movieland so we just sit back and enjoy the spectacle of him cheating certain death in space. The scenes with the space station are as good as the ones in 'Gravity' - pretty spectacular.

Though relations with his younger brother are strained at the start, they end up working together to save the day - and his young daughter who is in danger from the weather storms. All in all, a very watchable movie. 8/10 on the Tempest Scale. :)

#3 The Tempest, Nov 26, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
    Gun4hire likes this.
  4. The Tempest

Another good movie along the lines of Van Helsing. A werewolf terrorises the local area and a team of assorted misfits - all badasses with skills - arrives to try and stop it. Very good plot and acting and the movie builds up nicely all the way through, keeping you guessing who is the actual werewolf and giving you false clues along the way. Creature CGI is very good and not overdone, just enough appearances to keep the movie flowing. There's a nice twist at the end when the werewolf is finally revealed. Leaves room for a follow-up movie if they ever make one.

If you liked Van Helsing / Jonah Hex / Solomon Kane movies you should like this one. 8/10 on the Tempest Scale :)

#4 The Tempest, Nov 26, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  5. punisher

punisher Hacker

Trailer looks really interesting.

6. Maestro

Yeah bros but we like gotta post some reviews :D Not like trailers maybe? :D Plz don't think I am your party pooper I love you, but maybe then make another topic for trailers? Yet I dunno I've posted plenty of trailers just generally here

7. punisher

punisher Hacker

We have imdb for that kinda stuff.:D

8. The Tempest

Good call, you're right. I've added some review bits to mine :)

Maestro likes this.
  9. Maestro

Great friggin job man! I will read them shortly and I do have to present when I got spare time a review of one awesome one of a kind great movie directed by Jew Jew Binks of Force Awakens!

[​IMG]

10. Gun4hire

Gun4hire Hail faii.
    S-Admin Tournament Management Steam Member Clan Member Forum Moderator

geostorm movie: watch it is good

11. punisher

punisher Hacker

Trailer?

12. Gun4hire

Gun4hire Hail faii.
    S-Admin Tournament Management Steam Member Clan Member Forum Moderator

temp has posted it

13. The Tempest

This is another 'must see' movie in my opinion - 'Outlander' (2009). A spacecraft crashes in Norway during the Iron Age, with two survivors: Kainan (James Caviezel) an alien soldier, and the Moorwen, a dragon-like creature his race hunted to extinction, the last survivor stowing away on his ship (bit like Alien 3). The creature causes death and destruction in the Viking villages and after initially being blamed, he joins forces with the Vikings to destroy the creature. Futuristic hi-tech meets swords and shields.

Another well-scripted movie with no dull bits and a great cast including John Hurt (Alien, The Elephant Man) and Ron Perlman (Alien 3, Hellboy). Plenty of action and the CGI creature is a real badass. Definite 9/10 on the Tempest Scale, I watch this one a lot :)

#13 The Tempest, Nov 28, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  14. Aria

Aria A girl has no name
    Administrator S-Admin Tournament Management Clan Leader Clan Member Social Media Management

Heya, everyone!! i wanted to talk about a movie i saw this week. Seven sisters. i don't know if anyone have seen it. it came out in august on cinema. just to quickly explain it it's the story of the earth, overpopulated. One women proposed to create a law of the unique child. the other siblings will be cryogenised and will be waking up when the number of the population will be acceptable. it tells the story of a grand father end up with 7 new born grand daughters. he decides to hide them and to name them Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday and Sunday. inside the house, they can express who they are individually, in the outside world there represent only one person: Karen. each of them get out the day of their name. but one day Monday disappears and troubles come.
    it was an amazing movie, really nice made, and the actress who plays the 7 persons with different personality was impressive. and the end is WOW!!
    I think it's now my favorite movie :D
    This is the best trailer about this movie :)

The Tempest and Blowpop like this.
  15. Blowpop

Blowpop Member

I saw a movie once with 7 sisters that liked to express who they were and had cute little nicknames. But it was totally different kind of film then that. You probably shouldnt watch the one i saw.

Aria likes this.
  16. The Tempest

Great movie Aria!!! I saw your review and looked on the 'net and found it. Just click and play, good quality;

http://watch-free.me/seven-sisters-online/

Totally enjoyed the action and the plot had some good surprises. 9/10 :)

Aria likes this.
  17. Aria

Aria A girl has no name
    Administrator S-Admin Tournament Management Clan Leader Clan Member Social Media Management

yeahhhhhh it s a really good movie ! :D

18. RUS

RUS Well-known Russian
    Server Regular THE LEGEND VIP

here is one of the best movie:

19. Maestro

I am gonna copy-paste this review about Star Wars The Last Jedi!!! This is a dime!
    I will not go see this pile of fucking shitgarbage FUCK YOU DISNEY! YOU FUCKING SCUM BETWEEN MY TOES!
    I'm genuinely so angry, frustrated, furious, disappointed, upset, confused and gutted.

What the heck just happened to Star Wars?

Today I went to see The Last Jedi not just once but twice. Both in Imax 3D and I went in having not seen any spoilers and avoided any reviews and trailers in order to keep my experience fresh and innocent.

The opening thirty minutes is the most tedious opening to a Star Wars film since the days of the prequels, with absolutely no emotional attachment to the overlong action on screen. Bad start to a very bad movie.

As the film goes on it becomes apparent that the script is not going to be good. Some of the dialogue is the worst in Star Wars history, and there are moments when characters are talking to each other that make you want to throw the person next to you at the screen.

Characters are stuffed into this episode like there's some kind of mad emergency to feature as many as possible for merchandising reasons.

The comedy made me angry too with a couple of lines and a cheeky wink at C3PO making me wince and worry for the future of Star Wars.

Luke Skywalker's character has basically been totally disrespected and ruined in this film too. There's no way he would do what he does and feel how he feels in this film, but the director of this movie has no worries about this or any other part of the Star Wars universe he tramples all over.

There are pointless relationships (Fin in particular gets involved in an unnecessary romance that leaves the viewers cold)

There is one shot where Luke delivers the line about things not turning out the way you think it will that is so badly out of focussed it makes your head hurt.

The musical score is as slow as this overlong movie too adding nothing of value.

I just don't know what else to say other than this is a total absolute mess of a movie that tramples all over Star Wars, makes it worse, disrespects the characters, and offers the worst dialogue not just in Star Wars history but quite possibly the worst script and dialogues of all movies in 2017.

What happens to Leah will have you wanting our money back (if you don't walk out at this point).

It's that bad.

It's so shockingly bad.

The sequence with Leah in space will get you so angry your skin starts to boil.

And even worse the acting is bad. Daisy Ridley delivers some of the dialogue as though she's appearing in The Room with Tommy Wiseau, and Domhall Gleeson giving the worst Star Wars performance since Jar Jar Binks was strutting his stuff.

Imagine Transformers meets Pacific Rim with the acting of The Room and the storyline to beat all mad storylines and you'll have an idea of the vacuous tepid dull overlong tedious steaming pile of odorous cinema you'll see in a long long time.

I went straight back in to watch it again to make sure it wasn't just me missing the whole point of this film. It wasn't. It really is that bad.

Avoid like the plague or go in with the lowest possible expectations

20. The Tempest

Wow - quite a review!! Thanks for posting Mae - not that I ever pay to see movies these days, just watch them on the 'net for free.

I think even the best series of movies reach a point where there just isn't any more to offer (Alien 4 was the end point for me in that series). X-Men movies are way past their end point too IMHO.