Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

MK 3 TEST YOUR MIGHT (1 on 1 Deathmatch Tournament)

Discussion in 'Tournament Archive' started by Maestro, Apr 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maestro

Maestro Sexy And Deadly Joker
    S-Admin Tournament Management Clan Member

The Bracket Picture, The Contestants Matchups Are Here:

Here are some amazing brackets done by our very own Punisher! Welcome to MK 3! (click on the pic to zoom in)
    [​IMG]

2. Maestro

THE OFFICIAL MORTAL KOMBAT 3 TOURNAMENT RULES
    (ANY QUESTIONS CONTACT ME! READING AND KNOWING MANDATORY):

-You have time till May 15th (including the deadline itself), to play with your opponent on 1 on 1 server on your own, or if present, with spectators or referees (but you don't need anybody else necessarily on the server to play an official tournament duel with your opponent)! If you can't play for any reason by this deadline you need to notify me and your opponent in advance so we can make this still work somehow. IF you won't contact me even if the reason is respectable (at least PM-ing me about your situation is a few clicks away) I will have to report about your behavior publicly and this can result in a potential disqualification or ban from any other tournament!

-You and your opponent play up to 3 different deathmatch maps that are IN THE MAPCYCLE of 1 on 1 server. This means you play a best of three series. ONCE YOU OR YOUR OPPONENT REACHES TWO WINS (no matter if you won 2-0 or 2-1, or he won 0-2 or 1-2) THE PERSON WHO LOST TWO MAPS WILL BE ELIMINATED FROM THE TOURNAMENT AND A WINNER ADVANCES TO THE SECOND ROUND! :crown: :dancedance:
    PLEASE NOTE THAT LIKE STATED ABOVE YOU WILL PLAY AT LEAST 2 DIFFERENT MAPS OR 3 DIFFERENT MAPS, BECAUSE YOU CAN BE TIED AFTER TWO GAMES GOING INTO THIRD (1-1), SO THE THIRD ONE WILL DETERMINE THE FINAL WINNER OF THE MATCHUP!

-One map will be played of your choice (map of your liking) and the other map of your opponents choice (opponents liking) and if you are tied 1-1 after two maps you played, the player who had won the opponent previously with a bigger margin chooses the third map (for example if you won a map by 10 points and your opponent won a map by 5 points you get to decide on the third map to play and your opponent has to accept it, because you won him with a bigger score than he did: +5 overall). It's good to memorize the margins or even better to write them down as to avoid any confusions, as well as take mandatory screenshots like stated below.

-If you are tied in score in a deathmatch duel when timelimit strikes you simply play another map and the map you played and were tied at doesn't count and you can't pick it again! The player who had the right to choose the map of his liking where the tie occurred now loses it and lets his opponent to choose new map of his liking instead. This is the only case where more than maximum of three maps can be played until someone wins two duels outright! (for example you were tied in the first map and it was the map of your liking as you had the same score where you killed your opponent 15 times and he killed you 15 times, now your opponent simply chooses the next map as he would normally chose, but the current one with a tie doesn't count, so by tying on your map you gave your opponent advantage to basically pick his map next, while you had no win in your map pick and you can't pick it again. After your opponent map pick now you pick a map of your liking again as you normally would and the cycle continues until one of you gets 2 wins. The tie game itself doesn't count in any way in the tournament, not by overall score not by anything, while all others where you had definite winner in the end DO COUNT)

-As a nice gesture one player can let another get his map played first. If both opponents feel that playing in their order is so crucial and they can't agree about the order they want to play, they can play on a current map they are currently on till the first kill and the player who gets the FIRST kill, will choose the order in which he wants to play his map (for example opponent 1 got the first kill and his choice was cellblock he can now choose to go with his map first or even second, as he pleases. The latter example means that opponent 1 wants to play on opponents 2 map first and wants his own map choice to be played second).

-By default you and your opponent can both play any weapons you wish! You can also agree to play any duel on any weapons with your opponent exclusively (for example shotty, kinves, snipers etc. only), but if you don't agree on the exclusive weapons with your opponent, then the default setting always applies.

-At the end of each game when timelimit hit you need to make a screenshot of the score and all of the screenshots need to be posted in this topic here as a public evidence of the games played. Any topic that is edited only by tournament management will be updated accordingly and you don't have to post your screenshots there as they are locked for public.

-Public commentary on official tournament match is not accepted, unless both players decide to allow it to be accepted. Any commentary should be done in PM form only.

-Contestants are requested to agree on being filmed and the gameplay footages in form of demos, or livefootage of both respectful players with or without commentary to be posted on HOP official Youtube channel as well as any other streaming channels HOP approves. They also agree to give creative rights for these videos to HOP channel management and its partners and not request those videos to be taken down, changed or being affected in any way shape or form.

3. Maestro

Official FAQ on the 1 vs 1 server MK Tournament (any further questions ask me in PM!)​

Server IP: 31.186.250.124:20104 (HoP 1 vs 1)
    Server mod: 1fx mod (Turn Autodownload on! In some cases running sof 2 mp as an admin also necessary)
    Max Players Ingame: 2
    Max Players in spectators: 24
    Gamemode: Deathmatch
    Timlimit per map: 10 minutes
    Ability to vote: Yes (extend time, restart, nextmap)
    Gravity: 620
    Spawnprotection: 2 seconds
    Max Spawn time: 5 seconds
    Ability to use 333 fps: Present!
    Mapcycle in the server (Official mapcycle used for the tournament):

-Xmas Alley
    -Rocket Arena
    -Cellblock
    -Mp Spam2
    -Octagon
    -Aimtrain
    -Anticamper
    -Instant Mincemeat
    -Minifight
    -Mp Fragger
    -Aim Pistol
    -Fragger Apartments
    -Mp Grid
    -Chelles
    -Iceworld

Optimal user settings:
    Open console and type:
    Rate 25000
    Snaps 30
    cg_smoothclients 1
    Also in connection options (Options>Four computers connected to the main icon) set impact prediction to ON and Max FPS to 115 (or in console com_maxfps 115)
    Commands like:
    cl_maxpackets, cl_packetdup, cl_timenudge can be set individually to an individual player needs, but we do not have recommended standards on those.

How do I make a screenshot?
    open console>type: bind (any single key on your keyboard goes here without without brackets) screenshot> press enter> check if it works, you will recieve a message in left side of the screen like wrote screenshot id.

After you wrote the screenshot of the final result you go to SOF 2 main folder>1fx rocmod>screenshots and find there the screenshot you need.

How do I post the screenshot on forum?
    I recommend using following website http://tinypic.com/, there are also others. You simply upload your screenshot there, and then take the row where the image link is shown in form of brackets and you copy it with them in full and paste in your forum message that you are writing where appropriate, use preview on our forums to see if the picture is in the correct place and copied correctly.

[u]How do I contact my opponent?[/u]
    Initially I suggest you write him a PM on forum also see him in the game, you can share steam account infos publicly or privately as well as whatsup, skype, numbers etc! If any problems persist with contacting your opponent contact me and we will sort it out!

[u]How can I call viewers and/or referees to officiate my official tournament regular match (1'st and 2nd round)?[/u]
    If you wish to attract viewers to your game you need to post your correct time and date in the special public topic for MK ongoing tournament in UK Time format when you have the agreements made with your opponent. It's recommended that you do that AT LEAST 2 hours before the game starts so the forum users have time to decide to watch this game (much earlier a day or more is optimal tho). If you wish to call for referees to officiate your game (record demos for you, explanations, need for correctness, general help, commentary etc) it's recommended to post your correct time and date in UK Time format AT LEAST 24 hours before your game starts, as even this doesn't guarantee that the referee will be there (Lady, M@estro, Punisher), for obvious reasons of many matches as well as real life activities. Some of the S Admins on 1 vs 1 server, or prominent members who played in previous tournaments and understand the rules clearly could also volunteer and help out players if no referee is around, this will be much appreciated. So report about your match publicly for this purpose as soon as you can! Referees also have the right to post info about any coming prominent match they are interested in and attract spectators themselves as spectators have the right to watch games they like. It's absolutely mandatory that referees will attend Quarterfinals-Finals games so those games can not be held or scheduled without referees being there.

[u]How can I call viewers and/or referees to officiate my official Quarter finals - Finals matches?[/u]
    Since referees have to be there mandatory it's more than recommended that you schedule a match with your opponent AT LEAST 24 hours before! The two hour notice is basically done there for opponents to notify if for some reason they can't play there and have to reschedule their match. If there won't be no notice at at least two hours before the game starts, both opponents are considered good to go and the match now has to happen! If not opponents face penalties for creating a false hype and most likely will be disqualified. Also all Finals format duels should be scheduled at Primetime! It's mandatory!

[u]What is the best time to Schedule a Match at and what is Primetime?[/u]
    The best time to schedule a match period is the primetime (18:00-22:00 UK TIME). Primetime is a time when most of the people can normally see your matches and play (they normally come from work at least in Europe zone and have most likely some free time to spectate or play somewhere around this time). This time is really really important as at this time the traffic gets most populated!

[u]What happens if I won't attend a match that I posted about?[/u]
    REMEMBER when you state the correct time and date of your match in that topic you need to be there and if you suddenly can't you need to inform us beforehand ASAP on this same topic and reschedule, if you don't it may result in penalties mentioned above!

[u]What happens if I won't attend an official match only I and my opponent know about, that we set a correct time and date on?[/u]
    You show disrespect to your opponent and the tournament if out of the blue not for any respectable reason you won't come to the match you and your opponent agreed upon even if it's not reported to the public on forums. If you won't show up it is very likely it can result in a disqualification from the tournament giving your opponent an automatic win. Now you don't want that to happen don't you? :).

[u]What happens if my opponent doesn't respond to me properly on setting up the match before the round deadline?[/u]
    If because of your opponent you are not able to get correct date and time and the deadline will be up, then the investigation by tournament management will ensue where with adequate proof of this, and notification of you and your opponent, that you did contact your opponent and your opponent was idle or uncooperative, then after the investigation is done you will advance to the next round and your opponent will be disqualified and possibly banned from the tournament (depending on how severe his conduct is) suffering a technical loss. Also I need to remind you that if you have any real life problems or whatever and you just humanly can't play within confounds of deadline PLZ DO NOTIFY ME with your opponent and create a groupchat with me on forum for example, since then we can try to find a solution all together like move a deadline a little etc. We can always find a solution if you are cooperative with opponent and tournament management!

[u]What happens if me and my opponent didn't contact at all to settle on a match time and date before the round deadline?[/u]
    You both will be disqualified and potentially banned from MK tournaments in the future! We will find a replacement match for you both then replacing you both in the tournament. This is also if we find that neither you nor your opponent were adequate in your communication with each other, and nobody tried to basically reach out to his opponent. Also I need to remind you that if you have any real life problems or whatever and you just humanly can't play within confounds of deadline PLZ DO NOTIFY ME with your opponent and create a groupchat with me on forum for example, since then we can try to find a solution all together like move a deadline a little etc. We can always find a solution if you are cooperative with opponent and tournament management!

[u]What using all the weapons means?[/u]
    It means opponents by default can use every single weapon at their disposal. Just for example sake Ak74+Uzi+smoke nades+knives used by opponent 1 and M4+Shotgun+grenades+knives used by opponent 2.

[u]What is a forcespawning?[/u]
    A forcespawn is a situation where an opponent can estimate with a high to very high probability, especially on 1 room maps no matter if they large or small, where an opponent will spawn.

[u]Is forcespawning allowed?[/u]
    Yes it is totally and absolutely allowed. Every opponent has a spawnprotection that makes him invincible for 2 seconds, which means that on all maps that are officially represented on the tournament an opponent has a time to either aim at his opponent, or cover himself or both. If an opponent blows his spawnprotection by shooting prematurely or not gathering himself by making poor choices either by reflex or mistake, it's on him and his responsibility. It's a matter of skills, tactics, reflexes and smarts. We accept and will not penalize those who use forcespawning in any way shape or form. There are forms of forcespawning that are unacceptable to us, but if players use them, we also won't penalize those players as it's our job to clear those illegal forcespawnings, so after we spot an illegal forcespawning opportunity we will make sure we get rid of it, as it's considered not good gamesmanship on tournament.

[u]What's an illegal forcespawning?[/u]
    It's a forcespawning conducted in a way that exploits a map spawning logic so an opponent doesn't have enough time to gather himself and is left in considerable disadvantage by having no opportunity for cover nor reasonable aim. Another problem with illegal forcespawnings is that players will always try to use them as a crutch and the tactic becomes too good not for every player to follow, because they will ALL be in disadvantage. This takes away from map intention and design as well as fun of spectating and playing a fun duel. We promise to eliminate those opportunities as they rise. But once again if a player won using an illegal forcespawning it's not on him and we totally accept the win and congratulate a player, because it's our job solely to clear those things up! So we and EVERYBODY do not have the right to ever question those players who used illegal forcespawning in their wins! This is the most important ruling of it all!

[u]What's a spawnprotection?[/u]
    The spawnprotection stands for 2 seconds and doesn't allow your opponent to kill you in any way after you respawn for this limited timeperiod. If you shoot before the 2 seconds (press the fire button) you are no longer invincible and you canceled the spawnprotection which means that your opponent can now freely kill you even if 2 seconds aren't up yet! NB! Movement does not cancel the spawnprotection so you can move freely. Use the Spawnprotection to aim or run to cover and/or both! This is best explained in this tutorial video "Explaining the Spawnprotection": [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N-DsAHvuFs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N-DsAHvuFs[/url]

[u]What's a max spawntime of 5 seconds?[/u]
    The opponent will respawn after his death within maximum timeframe of 5 seconds. This however can be shortened to whatever time before that if an opponent clicks the fire button, respawning earlier. Don't forget to use it also for tactical purposes don't always click the "fire button" all the time immidiately after death. Also be mindful that if you click the "fire button" too many times when you dead you can accidentaly fire as soon as you spawn unintentionally giving an opponent a huge advantage over you canceling the spawnprotection effect.

[u]What are more specific map and gameplay restrictions?[/u]
    As they currently stand players can not use teleport on Anticamper. Also players can't use nightvision or thermal goggles on tournament duels.

[u]If I have any more questions who do I contact?[/u]
    M@estro

4. Maestro

PEOPLE REALLY IMPORTANT AS WE UPDATED FAQ ON THE FOLLOWING MATTERS:

What are more specific map and gameplay restrictions?​
    As they currently stand players can not use teleport on Anticamper. Also players can't use nightvision or thermal goggles on tournament duels.

Mapcycle:
    Xmas Alley
    -Rocket Arena
    -Cellblock
    -Mp Spam2
    -Octagon
    -Aimtrain
    -Anticamper
    -Instant Mincemeat
    -Minifight
    -Mp Fragger
    -Aim Pistol
    -Fragger Apartments
    -Mp Grid
    -Chelles
    -Iceworld​

We took out Hockey and put in Aimtrain back (repaired spawnforcing issue), we also added Chelles and Minifight both maps done by our very own Vincent great job my man!

5. Maestro

Don't forget to read and understand the Tie game condition as well!

-If you are tied in score in a deathmatch duel when timelimit strikes you simply play another map and the map you played and were tied at doesn't count and you can't pick it again! The player who had the right to choose the map of his liking where the tie occurred now loses it and lets his opponent to choose new map of his liking instead. This is the only case where more than maximum of three maps can be played until someone wins two duels outright! (for example you were tied in the first map and it was the map of your liking as you had the same score where you killed your opponent 15 times and he killed you 15 times, now your opponent simply chooses the next map as he would normally chose, but the current one with a tie doesn't count, so by tying on your map you gave your opponent advantage to basically pick his map next, while you had no win in your map pick and you can't pick it again. After your opponent map pick now you pick a map of your liking again as you normally would and the cycle continues until one of you gets 2 wins. The tie game itself doesn't count in any way in the tournament, not by overall score not by anything, while all others where you had definite winner in the end DO COUNT)

6. Maestro

Welcome to the first scheldued match of this MK 3 Tournament!

ON SATURDAY (30.04) our very own <HoP> Jasper will go against our very own <HoP> Aria at 18:00 UK Time!

We are anticipating an amazing first round match so be there to watch this awesomeness! EPIC DANCING GUARANTEED!!!

[​IMG]

*since they asked to make this match pubic this means that the referees absolutely have to be there according to rules! At least one of us either me, lady or puni. I think I can make it there, most likely!​

7. Maestro

Told ya some sick designs from Punisher are coming :D
    [​IMG]

8. Medvedik

Medvedik Active Member
    Server Regular

This design is amazing! Good job on that :dope: :tumbsup:

9. Storm

Storm Clan Member
    S-Admin Clan Member

Hmm that Jasper's picture (one maestro did provide for match banner ) looks like Uruk-Hai orc from Mordor. :wiggle:

Wery nasty indeed. Surely our dagger throwing Aria can beat one orc :rofl:

10. PloGraT

PloGraT Member
    VIP

Design looks amazing, but if u can try to make the text a little bit bigger :p

11. punisher

punisher Hacker
    Administrator S-Admin Clan Leader Clan Member

Na, it's the forum resizing the images.
    Originally the images would be resized, giving them a little bit bigger then they are now. (about 50px to 100px bigger), i've installed lightbox, which thumbnails the images larger to about 800px (which it is now), and makes it appear in normal screensize when clicking on it.

It's a 1920x1080 image, and the text is fairly big already, You can see it when clicking on the image.
    I installed lightbox because we get bigger issue's with bigger sized images, e.g. i uploaded a 4k image yesterday, which got all vague because the forum resized it. I put up a iframe bbcode and installed lightbox, to make images better readable and viewable, and iframe was to zoom in much more, but maestro didn't seem to like it being zoomed in 90%. :p

12. ScarZ

ScarZ Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator S-Admin Steam Member Clan Member System Operator

Damn nice, looks awesome!

13. Maestro

Sweet matches that are scheldued specially for ya'll to watch!
    *Pics provided by Puni!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Jasper

Jasper Well-Known Member
    S-Admin THE LEGEND Clan Member

Ah aria and i have to wait for 30 may? Oke :wiggle:

15. Maestro

Punisher fuck up he owes me 100 EUR now you see? Actually ofc it's 30 APRIL! And Jasper we have broken up remember? Stop trying to get me back :wiggle:

16. Maestro

Another epic 1st round match for you with time and date specially for our spectators!​

[​IMG]

17. Maestro

Sweet matches that are scheldued specially for ya'll to watch!
    *Pics provided by Puni!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. punisher

punisher Hacker
    Administrator S-Admin Clan Leader Clan Member

everyday of the week 1 match :p

19. N008

N008 Clan Member
    S-Admin Clan Member

Love the graphics! great job puni.

20. ScarZ

ScarZ Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator S-Admin Steam Member Clan Member System Operator

Looks like myself and Crimson will have our match this Friday @ 21:20 UK time.

PS @puni, I wanna be Raiden :wiggle:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.