Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Problems visiting our website? send a mail to tech@houseofpainserver.com

Lag, lag and more lag...then some more lag

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Hudson, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Hudson

Hudson Ultimate badass
    Clan Member

Any reason why the server is very laggy these days, even with just a few players on?? Never was like this :(

Maestro likes this.
  2. Maestro

Maestro Sexy And Deadly Joker
    S-Admin Tournament Management Clan Member Forum Moderator

We have been Ddosed all this time it is clear as water. The Ddoser is a DeathJr (OR HIS IMPOSTOR, SO BARE IN MIND THAT IT COULD BE THE GUY OR THE GUY WHO IS PRETENDING IT IS HIM), aka the son of the Death Sr. the rapper. So you understand, Heretic was quite a populated server back in the day and I played there a lot NEVER ever had problem with Death family. This makes me a bit hesitant to say that this is his son, or the dad himself as the dad is serving a sentence I think still. But it does seem that the guy who is responsible for this knows too much about Heretic clan, other clans, Evil clan and general SOF2 history. Not many people like this are with us at this moment... So the circle of suspects is not that wide, unless we are missing something completely.

We have been attacked, MDK has been attacked and now it seems that Evil has gotten attacked too:
    evil-incarnate.freeforums.net/thread/42/lol-deathjr

Also link to Death Sr. rap video which is actually quite cool song I totally bump. Again the question is if those guys are remnants of Heretic disgruntled members because that their server fizzled out or what have you, well those guys are definatly sophisticated enough just like I presumed to see all clans and be very well aware of everybody's community forums, servers and stuff (I have heard of some more attacks on more clans even going on in the timeframe it all started recently, I have my sources lol):

3. BlastorZ

BlastorZ Administrator
    Administrator S-Admin Clan Member System Operator

Lag could also happen because the master servers are down and when our server tries to connect to them, something goes wrong.

Oh i have offered to call deathjr or his father to ask for explanations as i found their address and phone, but for some Strange Reason, i was persuaded not to...

4. Maestro

Well everyone has their own moral compass, there are two points to this. First is that no matter if anyone calls them,- it does not mean that this guy will make them squeal. But the MOST important point is the second point, that it would be rational to become extremely near 100% certain that this truly IS him or they or whatever (my personal certainty level is at 70% at this point and not a percentage point more, too many variables yet). Like said impostor is quite a probable scenario here as speculated on evil forums as well and much more than this how about one better.

What if lets say that the guy who is attacking Evil right now just has a grudge with THEM, but the guy who has been attacking us and MDK and all others (including or excluding Evil) has been attacking all of those clans even before and is not connected to Heretic in whatever sort and it truly is a coincidence? Especially MDK complaints, other clan complaints, then a bit later HoP complaints now have been much more LONG term (I have seen people complaining and experiencing DDOS lags myself of huge lags on our server BEFORE Hudson post rather a longer time ago), while Evil does seem to have been TRIED to be attacked by someone only right now (by info what we have now).

So how does it make sense that Evil got TRIED to be hacked only now? Why aren't THEY and only they a priority especially if the grudge of Heretic was on them from the getgo? Why waste all this time and energy on all other clans when you just have nothing personal to them? You just want to kill off SOF2? Just too many questions to pinpoint any one particular person for now, which means I dunno that going aggressive after someone will help anyone or rather make the attacked defensive and resentful if it's really not him? But ofc do what you would see yourself doing.

5. Hudson

Hudson Ultimate badass
    Clan Member

Add Hools to that too - they've had a real bad time lately with DDOS, probably from the same guy who is hitting everyone else. Their server has been down a while hence their players coming on here for a game sometimes.

Just noticed Evil has a silver server now?

Maestro likes this.
  6. Maestro

Very interesting and astute observations, thanks for one more great input on this. This solidifies in the knowing that there is someone trying to target ALL servers and if there even are some other culprits or independent attackers it definately seems that one of those at least, is EXTRA malicious towards possibly SOF2 in general...

7. Maestro

@punisher I have attached a certain image, the conversation with the sof2 suspected ddoser of SOF2 servers happened exactly 1 hour and 20 minutes ago FROM THE TIME OF THIS POST RIGHT HERE, could you please bring up the logs from the server from the start of him connecting to here on public if it wouldn't be a problem to you? At first he connected with a nickname w00t, then he changed his nickname to eslam_mansy immidiately to imitate someone else, but the rest of his nicknames and aliases are also on the screenshot. So he was chatting with me on the server as eslam_mansy impostor.

Speaking of impostors, I know that you are reading this mr. ddoser and it is very very strange to me why are you changing your nicknames and imposing as other people constantly. Ohhh and don't tell me it's because you don't want to get insta banned, because of you flashing that nickname... I am now almost completely certain that what you are doing is also imposing as deathjr to taint Heretic name as well. Because had you been Death Jr, knowing you, you would love to make it extremely clear to us and right now you are sowing seeds of confusion everywhere. How about I would interview you on a neutral TS and put a video on youtube because all the players in SOF2 just want to know WHY you are doing this no matter if you really are Death Jr or not...

Because I see that what you do love, is all of us talking about you and discussing the attacks and giving you attention. Well how about we give you the ultimate attention you so deserve? I would love to talk to you and ask you questions and I promise I won't even be hostile to you at all. We had a nice chat on server, I didn't mind you being there personally. Because right now all of this doesn't seem to be Death Jr style and even if it is you, again, why not let us all talk even more about you, don't forget that this vid you can share with everybody by yourself ohhh and not only that, I will personally share this vid on every forum in SOF2. So what you say? You don't have to ofc reply here on forum or register for obvious reasons of us seeing your IP etc. But how about you will reply to this on our server? Write someone who has been active on this topic in the server and say your answer, I will take you up on it. And I am a man of my word.

Attached Files:

8. m8 Mjr Miche

m8 Mjr Miche New Member

I can confirm that m8 server's been crashed regularly . We've always gone through rough times when there were successive crashes for
    a few days then it stopped. Now it's systematically every weekend. We were down tonight and i expect we'll be crashed tomorrow and Sunday too. During the week it can be quiet for a couple days but it can get a PITA as it usually lasts for about 6' just long enough for everyone to get pissed of and leave. They're 'sustained' attacks and usually last for some time preventing a quick server restart.
    I'm not certain that the latest attacks are coming from DthJr but whoever it is never gives up!
    In the past there were a lot of threats to crash our server but not followed up by a crash. I've seen potential hackers using
    anonymous proxies to show they're from a different country but i've always seen DthJr with an ip@ USA. A real patriot.
    A while back we had #SERXAT# (Isralian) who i'd banned for WH and server crash but he always uses his ip@ from Tel Aviv.
    When you see Crayosin Botnet in the log (saw in your screenshot) you can be pretty sure it's DthJr.
    I have a conversation with him from a log dated August 2018 which i'll send to you Maestro and see if you think it fits the profile.
    That dates from the time we had 1fx mod on the server.

Maestro likes this.
  9. Storm

Storm Clan Member
    S-Admin Clan Member

That guy Seroxat keep telling it is him. It would be nice to have Private chat with him, I would beat him blue.

m8 Mjr Miche and Maestro like this.
  10. punisher

punisher Hacker
    Administrator S-Admin Clan Leader Clan Member

Unfortunately i dont have the time to check the logs the upcoming week. Maybe @BlastorZ @Aria or @Itzcoatl could check it out.

Keep in mind that he usually uses a VPN, usually located in the USA to keep it "trustworthy". He'd be hella dumb if he'd connect with his own ip, but the once i had checked a couple of years ago were all VPN's from the USA.

Also keep in mind that he's probably using a botnet, thus backtracking everything to him is near to impossible, unfortunately.
    Even tho logical thinking makes it fairly easy that he's the attacker.

Maestro likes this.
  11. old

old player New Member

It is death jr he has been in your server . He has also been on evil server useing hop players tags and names causing trouble !
    He also says that someone is useing his name.He uses vpn etc hard to trace back to him he also has a vds with nfo and a few others .Yes he is ddos servers lagging them out evil server get ddos every day.
    He is useing GETSTATUS to lag out servers you need to get a filter in your firewall ?
    I know evil has one witch they turn on when the lag starts that stops the lag ?
    Hope this helps a bit
    ;)

Maestro likes this.
  12. punisher

punisher Hacker

We already have our firewall set for such attacks, one of the reasons why we only get laggy for a while and not going offline.

13. Maestro

A couple of sticking points:

-There is not a one single attacker, in fact I am 90% sure that the attackers are two to three, one of them based in US and the other or others are based in France. We know those people.

-The attacks are coordinated accordingly to the statement above, but more importantly they are synchronized with each other, it is a cooperation on both parties, meaning they are friends.

-They do not designate only a specific server/forum, they want to see SOF2 die out completely, the reasons for why so are more complex, for the sake of this discussion as of now lets suffice with the knowing they want SOF2 to burn. When the masterlist went down they have increased their attacks because they saw an opportunity to end the game once and for all.

-They are reading all the forums, even forums like houseofboom, meaning they are up on all the discussions that are going on all clans and platforms and servers, they know of the special planned events, the clans history, their current situations.

-Not only are they reading the forums, they are also registered on many of them, possibly with multiple accounts as well to gain access to all the locked topics for unregistered users. I would not be too surprised, if any of them got even into some of the clans, but at this point this might be rather a stretch after all, but they would love to get into some of the clans if they could.

-In fact these people are reading this post I am making now and like said I would love to interview them and pick their brain a little bit. I would love to ask what has led to all this, even though I think that nothing that they could tell me would give me something I didn't know already. But if you are up for surprises I am all for it, so as to I would interview both you and your French associates. I understand why you are doing what you are doing.

-Since they are reading every single post we make, especially publicly here I would suggest that unless they take me up on the offer to interview them, to stop giving these guys any attention as then it simply means I was wrong and they will be too cowardly to expose themselves publicly like that, so let them do what they do and we proceed with our lives from this point as they have already done this for years without success and they even didn't make a name for themselves, people only talked about them out of necessity and not because they are prominent and interesting people.

#13 Maestro, Apr 21, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
    m8 Mjr Miche likes this.
  14. BlastorZ

BlastorZ Administrator

K, i'm the process of getting the log. Thing is, the log right now it too big and open very slowly. @punisher what's up with the server? Because it has been quite slot to respond to certain operations. Even if the cpu has low usage, someetimes opening a text file is slow.

Meanwhile, i wonder if the master server is often down, not because raven doesn't care, but because it's being DDoSed. Just wondering...

Maestro likes this.
  15. punisher

punisher Hacker

Its a vps with lower resource then before running on a windows os. I usually download the logs from ftp so i can open them on my own machine.

16. BlastorZ

BlastorZ Administrator

K, i saw the logs. Saw the w00t guy there. In fact, also in november 2018 or thereabout. Some people calling him, cheater, etc. Well, what can we do?...

Ok, RAM and CPU can be lower, but that doesn't explain why sometimes a simple right click or opening an explorer window takes too long.

17. Hudson

Hudson Ultimate badass
    Clan Member

Don't know if it's relevant but lately my gun vanishes when I join the game, also left mouse button (fire) doesn't work. Going in and out of spec doesn't fix it, have to log out totally then come back in. Pretty sure it's not anything I'm doing. Might just be coincidence glitch.

18. BlastorZ

BlastorZ Administrator

Alliens ate your gun?

Alright, seriously, smells like a graphics card glitch.

#18 BlastorZ, Apr 23, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  19. punisher

punisher Hacker

Rather looks like a gpu issue or corrupted gamefile.

20. Storm

Storm Clan Member
    S-Admin Clan Member

Can someone sign the hackers to this competition ?

BlastorZ likes this.