Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Problems visiting our website? send a mail to tech@houseofpainserver.com

Kicked from HOP Silver Server...

Discussion in 'Soldier of Fortune 2 : 1.00' started by mdkmr2, Oct 28, 2019.

1. mdkmr2

mdkmr2 Member
    A FRIEND VIP

Hey guys, I hope all is well. M|)K MR2 here. I didn't know is this was the appropriate section to post this, so I hope this is fine.

I think most of you guys know me already, as I took part in a few different tournaments over the years. The M|)K clan and HOP clan have also collaborated on several events in the past.

Although I do best at the M|)K server, I do like to play at many different servers with different server settings so I can get used to playing well everywhere. I do actively play in both the Gold and Silver versions of the game.

One of the server silvers I play at a good bit is the HOP Silver server. There always seems to be active players in there so it's nice get in there and test my skills against them. It was nice to run into BONES a few times, always a good challenge :)

Anyway, I was in there the other night and the one server admin named Gman made a comment like "looks like we have another cheater" (or something along those lines). Fast forward a few kills later and out of the blue I am kicked from the server with some generic reason about AB/WH. I just wanted to bring attention to this because, even though I am wrongfully kicked/banned in other servers pretty regularly, I did not expect this from a HOP server admin. And this conclusion was drawn while never even spectating me.

Maestro likes this.
  2. Maestro

Maestro Sexy And Deadly Joker
    S-Admin Tournament Management Clan Member Forum Moderator

@Gman could you explain this? I never thought of you being trigger happy (and I think you are not in all fairness, but this does look suspicious).

@mdkmr2 And there is absolutely no question you are clean, so you were just kicked and not banned as you said,- I presume? Sorry this has happened. We will make sure it doesn't happen again to you on our servers.

3. Storm

Storm Clan Member
    S-Admin Clan Member

Well Gman can speak for himself, but Iv spend some time in last couple months at the HoP Silver, and It can be chaotic. Haxing is much more common than in the gold, loads of egys appear with wh's and start blasting away with m60's or something :) . Traffic is really nice also, meaning that haxers are coming in By the dozen, so I doubt he is recording anything as he is using admin powers.

Also the level of gameplay is much lower than in the gold, meaning that good player can get accused really easily there. It just takes that you are better than the rest, and there you go.

That said, I think ban should not be used ( kick is not that serious), other than with recording. I doubt @BlastorZ did give him any instructions how to handle admin when he gave it to Gman. Also it seems that Gman doesnt know exactly how good adminship works. I did note that he often went with feelings ( since for him evidence was just opinion) instead of hard evidence, and that is not good. If the reason for kick/ban (which it is?) is wh/ab, that is just nonsense.
    Either he was not sure which it was ( in this case action should not be taken) or he he did think mr2 did do them both, which is of course just ridiculous to think.

At Gmans defence I might also add, that likely he has to do multiple kicks/bans every evening, so mistakes can easily happen. But of course they should not happen, and not with so lacking reasoning.

I think someone who has Access to Silver server files, checks what the hell is happening down there, and how many bans/kicks there really are, who are the subject of these actions. Also our clan leaders should have the sense to demand always recording from ban action, just in case.

Maestro likes this.
  4. Hudson

Hudson Ultimate badass
    Clan Member

I've played on Silver a while ago and I think we need to make sure that it runs to the same standards as the Gold server, especially when it comes to admin actions. As Storm says, it's a popular server so it needs running well.

It's easy for people who play there regularly to regard the place as 'theirs' and perhaps this leads to quick and hasty decisions which have to be rectified later. A bit of power can go to people's heads. Not saying this is what's happening but it's a thought.

Need to be careful that Silver doesn't become a 'clique' - especially if it's controlled by non-clan members. Just my thoughts.

Maestro likes this.
  5. Gma

Gman Member

Cant see i have banned MDK but if i have its a big mistake.
    I checked the list and its many but 95% is egypts that keep comming back and stand behind wall and wait for load m203 when somesome is allmost in front.

If good players like Fanta i didnt know who he was and others arrive i check i ask who they are and ask other old players what they Think.
    Ask Fanta for example or Fish for ex.

MDK its old clan i played against and i dont Think they oldies hax.
    So sorry for that mistake if i did it. Cant remember the name at silver server.
    Also allways check stats and were they come from Before action.

Only bann that easy ones ( guy stand and look after enemy throw the roof or behind walls and its obvisus they hax.

Gman

Maestro likes this.
  6. Gma

Gman Member

Yea maybe my old brain start to remember when i read it again.
    Yes i kicked a duy dont remember the name but i didnt banned you .
    It was also one old guy who speced you and was wondering.
    But i saw no history in stats and if i had see that i hadnt kicked you for sure.
    Maybe i was at shitty mode and hope you can forgive me but i /we talked after that i wonder why didnt he come back if he was Clean ., so we / I thought well we had right. ( bad way to do it but what can i say )

Very sorry again dude.

Hope you can tell me next time and hope you will get back in server so i can tell you "live" :)

Take care

Maestro likes this.
  7. Storm

Storm Clan Member
    S-Admin Clan Member

Who was this old guy in spec that told he was hax?

8. Gotmilk?

Gotmilk? Member

If I may add; without Gman that server would be a right mess. He does a really good job keeping it clean. I wouldn't even play there if it wasn't for him being so damn active weeding out all the bad seeds.

Mistakes were made, but none so bad that you shouldn't be able to forgive. Also take into consideration that the spec mechanics in silver are not as good as in gold. In silver version you can only spec in 3rd person which makes it very hard to even make demos as you can't see crosshair placement or the players view angles properly.

Ofc you'd still need to be certain when kicking/banning someone. This one slipped. Have mercy.

Fisk/Fish

Gman and Maestro like this.
  9. Storm

Storm Clan Member
    S-Admin Clan Member

These others are S4A clan members right? Just remember that you have the admin for HoP. Its not that hard to puzzle this together what really happened there. One of them was sitting on spec, and told you with Private message that mr2 was haxer. And you went and kicked him. You think too much of these S4A players. They dont care about hop server reputation or if you make wrong call and this is the result. I warned about them didint I? These S4A have always been hostile bricks.

10. Gma

Gman Member

No sorry to make you sad but i cant remember who was at server then but i know it wasnt your freind Currahee ;) (joke)
    and no one S4A was there either . Only Putamadre and Curra is there once in a while. (maybe one more )
    But NVM wasnt that this thread was about.

Be good and take care Storm

11. mdkmr2

mdkmr2 Member
    A FRIEND VIP

No worries, man. I understand that dealing with a lot of actual hackers ruining the game for everyone can sometimes mess with your judgement. But just be careful not to kick/ban the wrong players.

Too many admins are perfectly fine with mistakingly kicking/banning skilled players as long they weed out a couple actual hackers in the process. I know all too much about this as I have essentially been "collateral damage" of the admin process in many servers now. There is not a huge amount of skilled, old school players playing the game still today so you never want to alienate the ones that are.

There was a time long ago when I'd be excited to be called a hacker lol (like "oh, cool, I most be getting better... This guy thinks I hack). But it has gotten old in recent years and honestly, it's pointless to even try to defend myself.

Not only do I not hack, I also use a completely stock config (aside for net settings and basic key mappings). No scripts, no tweaks, 125fps, etc. In fact, the M|)K server is probably the strictest around for detecting hacks so it always blows my mind that I still get accused.

Gman and Maestro like this.
  12. Gma

Gman Member

Thx dude :)
    Hope to see ya and pls tell me if you see me.
    i will not make same nistake again for sure ;)

Take care

Maestro likes this.
  13. Maestro

Relax, dudes nobody is like lynching anybody. We know who's there for us and we know that you are there for us helping and being loyal no worries. We should also be more active on silver sometimes to clean house there. Just please do your stuff responsibly (and again we do trust you are doing that already, mistakes happen to anyone). So relax nobody was coming after you!

MR2 kindly we all understand it was a mistake and thanks for your understanding as well. That goes without saying you and all MDK is always and forever welcomed at our place anytime anywhere. MR2 I see you want a tourney btw... I know you do sir... point noted. It's time for you to shine once again!

So for now lets enjoy ourselves... :)

[​IMG]

Gman likes this.
  14. mdkmr2

mdkmr2 Member
    A FRIEND VIP

You know I'm at my best in complete chaos! LOL

https://imgflip.com/i/3eutue

Maestro likes this.
  15. Maestro

Thank you I even downloaded this meme into my collection. I know what you mean sir. And I might have a recepie for you. Time will show.