Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

INTRODUCING: The Tempest

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by punisher, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Lady

Lady Clan Leader
    Staff Member Administrator S-Admin Tournament Management Steam Member Clan Leader Clan Member

Tempest do you like an alien lol. This thread went from Welcome Back Tempest to movies about Aliens -__-
    I would like to say I am very happy to see you back too.

The Tempest likes this.
  2. punisher

punisher Hacker
    Administrator S-Admin Clan Leader Clan Member

Hasn't it always been about the aliens?

3. The Tempest

The Tempest Active Member

I'm still re-watching 'Alien: Covenant' and trying to find something good about it...

Maestro likes this.
  4. BlastorZ

BlastorZ Well-Known Member
    S-Admin Clan Member System Operator

I miss old style sci-fi movies so much. Today's are so devoid of juicy essence. In the old times, there were no great special FX, so they had to compensate with envolvement and story.

Maestro likes this.
  5. The Tempest

Totally right. A good script and great actors always beat a CGI-fest movie anyday. This is one of my faves from the 50s and it's a lovely clear copy..

Maestro likes this.
  6. punisher

punisher Hacker

I like the movies nowadays more then they used to be (atleast with a lot of movies). One of those reasons it's technology simply said.
    CGI and a/v quality makes it more emersive then it used to be.

Ofcourse script, sounds, visuals, acting etc... matters too but almost every (if not all) movies use some sort of CGI to make it more realistic.

One of the best examples of CGI usage comparisons are ofcourse Star Wars, Star Trek and James Bond.
    Even tho Star Wars already had great CGI for it's time, looking at them now and comparing the visuals, sounds, looks etc... is much much better.
    James Bond one of the biggest changes of movies throughout the years in my opinion. Looking back at the beginning movies and the once now, it's for no doubt much more realistic looking now and a much better story and envolvement then it was in the beginning movies.
    I'd rather go for "Nostalgia" which makes the old movies better, then rather better story, acting, or anything else. :p

7. Maestro

Maestro Sexy And Deadly Joker
    S-Admin Tournament Management Clan Member

As long as we are not talking about Jew Jew Binks I mean J.J.Abrams, mister pathetic idea stealing piece of shit, it's okay :D. I concur with temp and blast rather. And yeah great CGI we do have on some great movies like Star Trek... ooops sorry I mean it was total bullcrap, both of them... And ofc the Farce Engorges, shit I mean the Force Awakens. They done fucked it all up big time.

James Bond the only one yet not fucked up. But ofc soon a black dude will play James Bond ain't no fucking CGI gonna save that piece of shit then.

Btw isn't this topic meant to go for movies conversation? :D Maybe make like a movie review corner? Would be fun!

8. The Tempest

Movie Review Corner would be good - we all love our movies so should be very popular. No spoilers though, just observations :)

Maestro likes this.
  9. punisher

punisher Hacker

10. Maestro

11. punisher

punisher Hacker

no need to make everything sticky. Would make a messy overview. Sticky should only be important posts that are absolutely necessary for people to see.

12. Maestro

agree let's see how it goes

13. BlastorZ

BlastorZ Well-Known Member
    S-Admin Clan Member System Operator

Well, i think this could be down to how people enjoy movies. Like girls, do you prefer them full of plastic, looking great, but no essence, or looking decently good and have a personality? Very few movies can combine great specialFX with great essence. Matrix for example.

Maestro likes this.