Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Important clan changes!

Discussion in 'News & Updates' started by punisher, Oct 20, 2017.

1. punisher

punisher Hacker
    Administrator S-Admin Clan Leader Clan Member

Hello everybody,

The past months have been great in general. Some minor downsides regarding server crashes has been our only big priority the past month. Now this thread is dedicated to some major and minor changes which will be announce in this post.

Management
    The past few months the management has helped me out in managing the clan. However after asking them for a small survey we came to the conclusion that management members don’t see their function fit to be counted as a management function. With this conclusion I have decided to cancel the management project. Instead of having a management, an alternative will be searched to fill in the empty tasks.

Server Crashes
    The past few months have been busy for me and the past month has made its toll for me. I haven’t been able to perform any maintenance on the forum nor the server for a couple of weeks, which resulted in a bunch of crashes and unsatisfied members. Last week I managed to get some maintenance done and upgrade our server to a newer version with some debug options enabled, so we (clan) and the developers (1fx. Boeman) can get to the cause of the crashes and fix it.
    In order to get our servers up and running as soon as possible once it crashed we would like you (visitors and members) to actively report server crashes to the management. Do that either on this forum or on our discord (discord.houseofpainserver.co.uk). We usually try to get the server up as soon as we get notifications of it being offline.

Dictatorship
    I’m the only leader of this clan since the previous leader group has been forced to step down to take a cool-down regarding some drama. My plan in getting dictatorship has succeeded and to increase my power I have decided to bring my most trusted people around me. With this new step to greatness we are able to conquer our enemies, and push through new rules to make life tougher for our servants.

With this I’m proud to introduce to you. Our new leaders Aria & Itzcoatl. They have been appointed to be the 2nd and 3rd leader to this clan, and to continue further once again with a 3 leader group. They will be the once to pick-up the empty tasks and take over duties when it’s needed.

Responsibilities
    With these changes the roles and responsibilities will be changed to suit the new responsibilities and tasks. The thread will be updated as soon as possible by one of the leaders.
    For now we have settled upon the following division of responsibilities:
    • Clan Policy: All Leaders
    • Clan Activity: All Leaders
    • Map cycle: Punisher, rest as advisors.
    • Server Settings: Punisher, rest as advisors.
    • Server & Forum Management: Punisher
    • Social Media: Aria
    • Ban Appeals: Aria, rest as advisors.
    • Complaints: Aria, rest as advisors.
    • Recruitment: Itzcoatl, rest as advisors.
    • Ranks: Itzcoatl
    • Promotions and Demotions: Itzcoal, rest as advisors.
    These are the current responsibilities set for our leaders. They are considered as “Spokesperson” for these responsibilities, subjects will be discussed with other leaders, when suited as necessary. Usually as advisors.

Ranks
    As our first decision we have decided to re-instantiate back to our previous state with S-admin as higher rank. However B-admin will be changed to Clan, and the current Clan rank will be used to grand to Donators of our server. We want to let people know who donated to our servers, and who are supporting us financially. People making donations to our server will be granted the “Donator” or “VIP” rank. This will bring our ranking format to: Super Admin, Admin, Clan, Donator or VIP. These ranks will be elaborated lateron before pushing it through to the server.

Aria and Itzcoatl like this.
  2. Malina

Malina VIP

3. Maestro

Maestro Sexy And Deadly Joker
    S-Admin Tournament Management Clan Member

Wait a second, but guys who have been making their duties like Malina who is social media manager, why now Aria has to do it? Malina DID AMAZING JOB WITH IT AND LOOK AT EVEN THE TOPIC OF PHOTOCONTEST!! So this is just devoid of logic giving her duties over to Aria as she does not do those operations for us...

It's the same as if for example Fragin is a moderator and he has done his job good at least on moderation department, then why do we have to put Aria as a moderator as she barely ever visits forums anyway? :D

For example same as me why do I need not to do MC creation now? LOOOOOOL.

Same as you would say instead of me making some videos for YT on HoP let now HoP SkillZ do it ha ha. So I mean the people who did their jobs just right why should they be counted out? And I do doubt a bit on great activity from you three, but honestly I do not have anything against who is a leader or what have you, I love both aria and tornado, I think they can do terrific job.

But overall I just don't know what type of results are we expecting from this? Why was this decision done or whatever is not completely clear to me either. But OK honestly doesn't stop me from making whatever I love to make on these platforms at all. I can make vids, tournaments and have fun my way freely so no harm done to me personally.

4. Malina

Malina VIP

AMEN for these words. So true

Maestro likes this.
  5. punisher

punisher Hacker

Arguments invalid. Last week i asked you and storm about Tornado. None of you replied. Meanwhile i talked to Tornado, and he'd rather see Aria to be leader as she is more active ingame. I then todl the 2 of you about Aria. Storm replied giving his opinion about it.
    You kinda denied my offer, so did storm both for the same reason, only as last resort you 2 would accept. BlastorZ ain't active at all, so doesn't suit the job as storm said, he's there for tech stuff and that's good.
    You haven't even replied to it, which makes your arguments above invalid.

Above that, i send a "Survey" a short list of questions to all management members. I only got word from a couple of them. Result from their opinions: Not worth to divide the tasks, and rather let 1 person be in charge of it all instead of having 10 little tasks for 10 people.

Malina gave no word to the survey, you said multiple times that you see no use in the social media management function as it does its job on itself already. (No offense to Malina ofcourse), social media goes on by itself, members posting stuff, which is great and should continue.
    You took lead in the mapcycle topic, however the charge of mapcycles has always been the leader. I'm not difficult when it comes to mapcycles and have always went along with the mapcycle setup by you. So just continues as it used to be, same goes with social media. Continues as it used to be. Malina just goes on with the events and social media stuff, but Aria is simple the spokesperson for it.

Dunno what the comparison should be about.
    Fragin's response on my questions:
    1. Do you think forum moderator useful? - Nope
    2. Do you think it's worth for it to be part of the management? - nope, we don't have anyone who would break rules.
    He remains forum moderator, just like all other forum moderators stay forum moderator, and all system operators remain system operator. The management function just disappear and are lead by one of the leaders.
    In the past month i have done exactly 0 for the clan. I had 0 time to do anything related to maintenance. Result: Server crashes. as i already said in the topic above. I didn't clean up the logs anymore, didn't restart the servers once a week (yes i usually do all this shit), which reduces server crashes.
    Didn't happen, server started crashing again. The only things I've done it adding boe's debug features to our server, so we can figure out the cause of the crashes. If it's even the mod.
    Tornado just continues to what he was already doing. Mainly Member management + some extra stuff. Claire takes over the rest and i just stick to the maintenance of forum and server.

In the end it's my call, as dictator and i brought power to my kingdom by adding these 2 to strengthen the leadership, given it more structure and making more contact people instead of just me.

6. TheStrongers

TheStrongers Member

i have wish to help the serve, but i never did it, how i do ?

RUS, Gun4hire and Malina like this.
  7. Malina

Malina VIP

I can only say BULLSHIT, sorry! For what we doing this all here? i put a lot of time in this things and now i must read something like this??
    Why should I continue as before, if someone is above me (spokesperson)? I have not heard of a survey. And if there was something then someone can remember me or US , right?
    And for me its very strange that here is a person who decides everything. I thought this clan would be a family where everyone could decide together! I have nothing against Claire or Robin, I like both of them, but it is about the principle! And both are not very often online. I found it all very good as it was before. Everyone did their job very well. Maestro is always there for everyone. He does everything. I absolutely agree with Maestro's words! Even Slimshady always helps with questions.
    And against Fragin I can not say anything bad.

If you have decided so now, then I will stop with the social media. Claire can do everything with Facebook, contest etc. I think I'm talking for many people from the clan that everything was good as before!

8. Maestro

1. You don't get it. I don't care who is a leader or whatever. You just have to understand the underlying principle of if Aria for example WILL DO HER JOB IF SHE ONLY GOES ON FORUM FOR LIKE ONCE A MONTH. I could care less who is called a leader if it does not serve our bottom line at the end of the day. And bottom line is that you can be just the sole leader who remains one and only leader and when you go away some people help you restart the server etc. It's no knock on Aria but can you tell me bottom line how or on what will she lead us? In what questions shall she be so competent so people can ask her about anything on forums or what have you? Tornado ofc we getting warmer and if he takes very active position,- why not? He does have certain clear tasks etc. Basically what I am saying is that there is no need in this structure for just simple fundamental flaw in it. And by this flaw I mean taking away what people do or kinda demoting some capable people from management while putting people who might be for OBJECTIVE reasons be incapable of performing the tasks for previously capable people, or attack these tasks with less motivation and passion!

2. You are saying you can't manage your leadership duties or whatever. But I mean mostly you are only contacted to restart servers anyway. We also need you to implement cycles or maps like just copy paste them and also watch the forums and mods. I mean in no way I am saying you are doing a small job or whatever, in reality what you do is amazing and huge also and does require real effort, but I mean I think you yourself fully comprehend that if you are tech savvy like you say you are, most of these actions take you like 10-20 mins a day or something. So I mean I do not quite get it on what types of issues or whatever you are so stressed or so burdened with? You don't also play almost at all also so basically not so much harm done if people contact you from time to time as you are a leader ye, but I mean come on people can't contact Aria or Tornado to restart servers right? Or put on MC? Or send Boe crash logs. So what I mean is that it takes actually 0 burden from you lol. As @Malina said it's not like you never had before any help or whatever.

#8 Maestro, Oct 21, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
  9. Gun4hire

Gun4hire Hail faii.
    S-Admin Tournament Management Steam Member Clan Member Forum Moderator

you all need to calm down, i gave up trying to get sysop a long time ago, i simply don't deserve it.

no personal offence to anyone that i'm going to mention now:

Mae, you're a great fucking guy, but you need to keep calm with posts like these, if someone needs to implement a MC into main, I can do it, I just need his premission and ftp access to do so, now, regarding me being 'forum mod': I didn't do shit with it because we have literally no one who would break the rules, the only times that I actually used my 'powers' were to delete some doubleposts that Punisher made on accident, fix some mistakes because OCD striked me and move a few recruitment threads into accepted and declined.

Malina: you've showed some amazing shit with social media, props to you for that, I can't say that you deserve clan leader though, social media is simply not enough, (my responsibilities aren't enough to get clan leader either, plus we VOLUNTEERED for that shit, knowing that we MAY or MAY NOT get anything at all)

Aria: I can't say shit about activity considering that I myself play once a year, but no, no clan leader.

Tornado: needs more responsibilities, as i myself had to ask him a couple of times to give @SyluMini the correct premissions. No opinion on him having clan leader or anything.

Lastly, everyone, calm the fuck down, why are we arguing, we are the best clan that sof2 has to offer, we need to look great on both the outside and the inside, who needs a 'most skilled' clan when our leaders/mods/whatever are arguing in the clan section?

N008 and punisher like this.
  10. Maestro

We are not greatest clan at all. If we would be our traffic would show it. We are the greatest PEOPLE in SOF2 I think and we have the greatest pool of wild talent yes. To that we are a great clan. Now that doesn't mean nobody can say what they want, everybody can, just we do it in goodwill, what I said was not to create any drama or whatever. I am telling exaclty what I feel and I have no malice intent in that. I did not insult nobody or whatever, so don't tell me to calm down if what I am saying has logic and rationale behind it and it's the truth as I see it.

Now on to bigger things again I digress, I think this is not a good way to go about it or whatever, but do whatever you wish as again as long as I do tournaments, vids and play here np for me. Yet if like punisher says it's a dictatorship then let it be about dictatorship all the way and let him step up and be the sole leader for real, as else you can't have your cake and eat it too... as if he brings Aria and Tornado it means there are 3 decision makers now and this can not be called a dictatorship or whatever.

OK I DIGRESS AND LETS ENJOY OUR GAMES

11. punisher

punisher Hacker

Regarding Malina: Nothing changes regarding social media aspect besides the leadership of that aspect going from me to claire. The only thing changing will be the management status being gone. Admin and stuff on fb and other sm sites will remain as how they were.
    I made a survey 11 days ago in management section. A couple of days later i even added a reply to that to reply to it. Unfortunately you didn't see it, thus you weren't counted with the results.

Regarding Maestro: You had over a week to respond, and show your disgress in private about aria and itzcoatl. This is a public topic, which is what Fragin is saying.

Throughout the years i've learned 1 thing. You can NOT satisfy everybody. This topic isn't about me defending my decisions to promote them to leader.

Fragin is usually the person that contacts me about the server being down, sometimes malina, claire and itzcoatl too. The past few months they had the following reply from me multiple times: "No time" or "Can't do it atm".
    They didn't seem to be able to reach up to BlastorZ or they didn't contact blastorZ. However Aria and Itzcoatl will be taught the art of Restarting the Servers. This way there are 4 main people to contact when the server is down who are able to restart the server.

I will try to get an Open FTP for our clan, where they are able to upload stuff to, think about mapcycles, maps etc...

Gun4hire likes this.
  12. Maestro

I have no issues with Aria and Tornado what so ever! To me as long as they as leaders WORK and be ACTIVE for our community only positive things can happen. Let's see how it goes.

ChainSaw, RUS, SlimShady and 2 others like this.
  13. Malina

Malina VIP

14. Gun4hire

Gun4hire Hail faii.

cya o/

15. Maestro

?

Why? @punisher she does not want Aria to be considered her superior...

Malina likes this.
  16. Gun4hire

Gun4hire Hail faii.

!

17. punisher

punisher Hacker

Instead of me being her superior, Aria will now be her superior. Aria does much more on social media than i do, so thats a logical decision to take. Rest remains the same.

Gun4hire and Itzcoatl like this.
  18. Maestro

Okay this actually seems rational. Agreed in this case ye. As you were the sole overseer of everything anyway.

Itzcoatl likes this.
  19. punisher

punisher Hacker

Every once in a while we can use some help with certain things. Usually whenever i'm the busy, i call for volunteers to take over certain tasks untill i'm back. We are with 3 now, instead of 1 so it's less likely that i'll be calling for help to the members, but instead i'll be asking Aria or Itzcoatl first.

Whenever we need help we usually create a topic where we ask for help. So you'll see it popup whenever you we need members to help out. Furtheron the best help you can offer is what you are already doing. Play, have fun, recruiting and helping people on the server.

Organizing events, such as we had last year (MK, eShoot, Clan Nights, Deathmatch games, etc...)
    Feel free to organize an event and use one of our custom servers. Theres a category dedicated to Event Suggestions. http://houseofpainserver.co.uk/community/forums/event-suggestions.54/
    If you have a great idea about a Clan Night evening and would like to host it than simply suggest it. People may give more input to make it better and we'll help you host your events. If you want to know more about tournaments just ask me or maestro about it and we'll help you out if you are interested into organizing events.

RUS and Maestro like this.
  20. Maestro

OMFG I AM TOO EXCITED ABOUT MAKING A FUTURE TOURNEY AND VIDS NOW :D

Aria likes this.