Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Forum Improvements

Discussion in 'News & Updates' started by punisher, May 1, 2017.

1. punisher

punisher Hacker
    Administrator S-Admin Clan Leader Clan Member

Hello everybody,

You are currently reading on our forum, do you like it or do you like some changes?
    We want to make your experience from us to be the best, and for that reason we'd like your input on our forums.

We are trying to build our forums as user friendly, efficient and optimal as possible.
    Do you have any wishes to improve our forums? Or maybe features that you like to be added to the forums?

Requested features:
    • Clan Member list (Currently glitched)
    • Donation system (Work in Progress)
    • Document / Manual / Article System (Work in Progress / Looking into the possibility)
    • CMS (We are currently looking into bridging Wordpress with our forum)
    • Customizable profiles
    Feel free to request things you'd like to have on this forums.
    All features are tested beforehand, and depending on occuring issue's with the website's design it maybe up fast but may also take some time.

#1 punisher, May 1, 2017
    Last edited: May 1, 2017
  2. Gun4hire

Gun4hire Hail faii.
    S-Admin Tournament Management Steam Member Clan Member Forum Moderator

Ability to make your profile more "customisable"

3. punisher

punisher Hacker

examples?

4. punisher

punisher Hacker

The below features posted by me, are possibilities, and are looked into.
    These features may or may not be added to our forum, depending on the price, amount of work and possibility to implement it.

Website Tour

I am currently looking into a feature to make it able to make a forum introduction tour.
    This would help the newly registered people to navigate through our forum, and to introduce people with new features coming to the forum.

Wordpress
    We are currently looking over the possibility to implement and/or combine wordpress with our forum.
    using wordpress as our CMS, and our forum for authentication and forum stuff, making it easier to make posts, and such.
    This however is very low priority, as our forum does most of the things already, in some sort of way.

Restore Deleted Users

It doesn't happen much, but it has happened a few times. Accidentally losing a user and all their posts with them. Previously we restored this by putting our backup back, but we will soon have a "Restore Deleted Users" feature, which makes a restore point when a user gets deleted, and you can easily restore the user.

#4 punisher, May 1, 2017
    Last edited: May 1, 2017
  5. punisher

punisher Hacker

Improved Reputation System
    You all may have noticed our the reputation / Trophy Point system. It doesn't function properly everytime, and we are currently improving this system, to add some gimmicks to the forum. This is just a side-feature, and is here for personal interest and fun, adding competitive activity into action.

Rate a Topic
    Give some kudo's to great posts/topics, a rating system might be coming, where you can give stars to a topic. This gives us a good impression to good topics, and to bad topics.

Birthday Greeter
    We still greet our birthday boys and girls manually, we'll implement a feature which will do this automatically.

Stock Avatars
    People that don't have an image added to their avatar have a stock person as their image.
    We want to personalize this better, and for this we will be using a Google like avatar system. Avatars will be based on the first letter of your username, if you do not added an avatar to your profile.

Improved Conversation Search Engine
    Searching through your conversations, is a pain in the ass. Especially when you have to search for an older conversation.
    We are looking to improve this by adding a search engine, that will search your conversations and only display those results you want.

Forum Games
    I'd like to add some forum games, think about pacman, rock paper scissors, etc... with scoreboards and with the ability to challenge other people. Adding rewards to these games, to add a new vibe.

Profile Content Wall
    In a matter of "Personalizing your profile", we will add a future where you can share topics to your profile wall.
    When you have a topic, and you like it or want to share it you can simply add it to your profile page for everybody to read it.

Ticket System
    Good for Questions, problems, and reports. People can create a ticket for only the admins and moderators to read it.
    This is diffirent then our "Content Report" system, as this only applies to when you report a certain topic.

6. Gun4hire

Gun4hire Hail faii.

Attached Files:

7. punisher

punisher Hacker

Already have that?
    Only diff is that there are followers and following, instead of friends and enemies.
    Awards == Trophies and can be found on the left.

upload_2017-5-2_12-53-45.png

8. Gun4hire

Gun4hire Hail faii.

banner idea still is good

9. SlimShady

SlimShady Well-Known Member
    Server Regular THE LEGEND

Forget forum... Improve me!

10. punisher

punisher Hacker

let's begin with basically everything, shall we?

SlimShady likes this.
  11. punisher

punisher Hacker

Hashtags
    Some topics might be interesting for you, i'm looking to implement a hash tag system, where you can follow a hash tag and find all content related to that hash tag.

Badge / Award System
    Improving the trophie system again, by adding icons as awards, and having a spot on the profile page.

Profile Banner
    As requested by faggot, i'll take a look into adding this feature.

Project Manager
    This is a more stand-alone thing, and might be a bit more expensive. But i've heard of a plugin where you can manage projects through xenforo. This could come in handy for tournament projects, modding projects, mapping projects, server projects, etc...
    Ofcourse would heavily depend on the price, as i'm guessing it would be expensive.

Scheduled Posts
    We sometimes have those times, where we have set a certain time to announce something, as we first want to speak with somebody or somebody needs to check or change something. For another person to wait and save a textfile on their computer, we will be able to make scheduled posts.
    When you write a post, you can set a certain date and time, for it to be made public. Before that time only admin's and moderators are able to see it. Once the scheduled time has been hit, then it will be made public automatically.
    Not really mandatory, but makes it easier at the times when needed.

Thread Tabs
    Having the ability to add extra tabs to a certain thread, would give a better overview of something.
    Giving the example of the eshoot tournament, having a discussion tab, a mapcycle tab, a round tab, and a rankings tab.
    With this we could easily keep things sorted out, and easily accessible and readable.

Event System
    We regularly schedule events, but do this through topics and such and people having to comment.
    What if we add a system where people could just mark to be present to the event or to not being able to show up.
    Giving us an easy overview. This is most likely included with the scheduled posts addon.

#11 punisher, May 2, 2017
    Last edited: May 2, 2017
  12. Gun4hire

Gun4hire Hail faii.

you spelled my name wrong, ill sue you.

13. punisher

punisher Hacker

Sorry, i corrected it.

14. Gun4hire

Gun4hire Hail faii.

aye thx. I expected fagin instead of faggot tho

15. punisher

punisher Hacker

A little update to the upcoming updates.

I'm currently going through the addon's, some have been closed off, as they either aren't suitable with out template or aren't suitable for our forum version.

Addon's included in the upcoming forum update:
    - Google + Avatar system for generic avatars (People with no avatar uploaded, will get an avatar with the first letter of their username, and a random color)
    - Article System (Used for articles such as rules, major updates, announcements, but can also be used for things such as reviews, tutorials and other things)
    - Schedule posts
    - New User Welcome Topic
    - New User informational Personal Message
    - Profile Covers

#15 punisher, May 12, 2017
    Last edited: May 17, 2017
    Malina likes this.
  16. punisher

punisher Hacker

I updated the above post with the features which will be included with the next forum update.
    Here are a few screenshot to what you could expect:

Profile Cover
    upload_2017-5-17_19-15-51.png

Scheduled Posts
    upload_2017-5-17_19-18-16.png

upload_2017-5-17_19-19-28.png

Google+ Avatar System
    upload_2017-5-17_19-20-28.png
    upload_2017-5-17_19-21-1.png

Documents
    upload_2017-5-17_19-21-25.png
    upload_2017-5-17_19-22-46.png

Once you added an new Document, you do not have any content yet. Therefore the first page is blank untill you add sections.
    upload_2017-5-17_19-23-28.png

When a new document is created a topic will be automatically made. Here people can discuss the document. This is under the "Discussions" tab but will also be under a certain category on the forum. The place where the discussion topic is posted depends on the category. (tutorials will be placed in the tutorials category, Clan will be posted in Clan Member only Section, Leadership will be placed under Announcements, etc...)
    upload_2017-5-17_19-24-19.png

You can after that add sections to your Document.
    Sub Sections can be made by simply selecting a parent section.
    Also Multiple Pages can be made, by simply checking the page break checkbox.
    upload_2017-5-17_19-34-3.png

I hope this gave you guys a better view to what is coming up on the forum.

Requests and Questions always welcome. :)

Attached Files:

#16 punisher, May 17, 2017
    Last edited: May 17, 2017
  17. Maestro

Maestro Sexy And Deadly Joker
    S-Admin Tournament Management Clan Member

TREMENDOUS JOB MAN!!!!!!

18. Link

Link The Prophet
    Staff Member Administrator Steam Member Clan Member

Add a profile song plugin/add-on

Maestro likes this.
  19. Maestro

Maestro Sexy And Deadly Joker
    S-Admin Tournament Management Clan Member

YOU ARE A GENIUS!!! IT SHOULD BE YES LIKE WE ALL CAN PUT A PROFILE SONG AND IT WILL BE LIKE SOMEBODY IS LISTENING ON NEWSFEED OR SOMETHING. LIKE THE PROFILE SONG SHOULD BE SEEN TO EVERYBODY MAYBE ON STARTING PAGE EVEN!?!?!? OMFG I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS ONE!

20. Link

Link The Prophet
    Staff Member Administrator Steam Member Clan Member

Well idk if it's possible to put it on the main page with how I'm thinking about it but if punisher decides to add in something like that then he can bother with looking at it like that if he wants. This is how it's set up on my website with the exactness I'm talking about for a profile song @Maestro

Attached Files:

Maestro likes this.