Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

D&D Gaming

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Storm, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Storm

Storm Clan Member
    S-Admin Clan Member

For D&D Discussion

2. Storm

Storm Clan Member
    S-Admin Clan Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dungeons_&_Dragons_video_games

Here you go, list of D&D tabletop games since 1988.

But to make things for you easier, some pointers where to start. These following are the games I have played and finished over the years.
    I did start with traditional tabletop versions from 1995 or so ( at age of 9 ), but the first note worth computer D&D is Baldur's Gate ( 1998 ).
    If you want to have ultimate D&D computer game experience, you should definitely start with this game, in my opinion this game is *still* pinnacle of single player pc gaming no matter what genre.

Its sequel Baldur's gate 2 Shadows of Amn ( 2000 ) is very good as well ( critics like it more thou ).
    This series with all of its extensions make it grand saga, surely worth of hundreds of hours game play.

Icewind Dale 1 & 2 ( 2000 - 2002 ) are made with same engine, they are very similar to Baldur's Gate series, perhaps bit more 'hack n slash', note that you should play Baldur's gate first since these are somewhat harder.

This 1998 - 2002 is the classical period for me. But word of warning; these games can be very hard for the beginner and it takes time to get 'inside' them. If you are not patient player or value mostly modern graphics on games, you should not even try these but move into newer games on my list, mainly that of Neverwinter Nights.

Next comes the Neverwinter Nights series ( 2002 - 2009 ). Its graphics are better than the previous games, even if the story is slightly inferior.

You can see footage from Youtube for all of these games, but I would not put too much weight on this, since these games are not only about the graphics, but the whole package. Those games that I did not mention ( until year 2009 ) are not worth playing what I have seen. They are usually hastily made, with terrible graphics ( even for me ) or with serious bugs on them. Planescape: Torment ( 1999 ) for example is thought to be one of the best games ever ( by story line ), I actually tried it last year, but it's graphics very so horrid, that I could not force myself play it more than some hours, and I did never return. The D&D games since 2009 are mostly remade editions of older ones, if you check the wikipedia list, with exception of Swordcoast Legends ( 2015 ) , which I plan to play maybe in 1 years time if I have the luxury of time !

So summa summarus: Baldur's gate - Icewind Dale - Neverwinter Nights series, and thats all there is.

Maestro likes this.
  3. Maestro

Maestro Sexy And Deadly Joker
    S-Admin Tournament Management Clan Member

nice descriptions man thank you! Was an interesting read! I also enjoy table top and board games quite a lot and RPG type computer games ofc!

4. punisher

punisher Hacker
    Administrator S-Admin Clan Leader Clan Member

The only rpg type games i played were sims and skyrim. :D

Rather gimme some hardcore fast pace actions like sof, quake, doom or mortal kombat.

5. Gun4hire

Gun4hire Hail faii.
    S-Admin Tournament Management Steam Member Clan Member Forum Moderator

@Storm send help [​IMG]

will buy Baldur's Gate 2 enhanced edition on steam when i get more money, i spent ~20 euros on visual novels alone.

6. punisher

punisher Hacker

upload_2018-1-6_13-0-59.png

7. Storm

Storm Clan Member
    S-Admin Clan Member

@Gun4hire my advice, do not buy the enchanted edition, it had very bad reviews ( they did even bring the SJW agenda inside it )

Do not even download if for free from torrent site.

You should download the original BG + ToSc extension. I think GOG had nice package somewhere.

Just search the torrent sites for good download link, im sure you can find some. I would help, but I am very busy with my preparations at tge moment. If I have more time later today, Il try to find good download for ya.

8. Maestro

Rutor.org, rutracker.org

9. punisher

punisher Hacker

Free mallware? :p

rutor.org not working here tho,

10. The Tempest

The Tempest Active Member

Board games??? NERDS! (and xiters too) :)

I still have my fave board game of all time - Space Hulk. You can see why I would like it; space marines running round dark corridors fighting aliens. A superb game, very playable and requiring tactics and, like in real life, luck at the right time.

I had the original game many years ago but got rid of it - wish I hadn't as it was very simply done with very plain miniatures but the playability was always there. There's been a few versions produced with more fancy figures and board sections and the latest one - which I still have - has VERY detailed figures (see pic from advert). Took me bloody ages to paint them!!!!

Also had the computer games Space Hulk and Space Hulk: Vengeance Of The Blood Angels, which were great. The latest PC versions, while looking fantastic, don't get really good reviews though. Games Workshop seem to just put stuff out as fast as possible to get the money rolling in.
    space hulk.jpg

Maestro and Storm like this.
  11. Storm

Storm Clan Member
    S-Admin Clan Member

Seems that I made little mistake earlier today ( I was in hurry ) @Gun4hire , the enchanted edition should be ok enough ( it sucks compared the original, but its not the Siege of Dragonspear extension ) Now this Siege of DragonSpear extension is the one you should avoid.
    The makers of this SoD extension did do revision to the old game. For example they did add one character with sexual identity problems ( man who thinks he is woman living in mans body ) , ok thats not end of the world. But what they did do then ; They made the old characters from the old game to come feminine ( ones that were masculine, Minsc for example ) and so on.

Now this is not big deal, but it sure mirrors the times we are living, they even have to change 20 years old classic D&D games characters to
    suit their SWJ agenda. Now this I call sick. Seems that the old characters were too oppressive to the developers liking. But as I said this madness is everywhere, they tear down the statues, they revision the history, they even now remake old pc games. Hmm what is next :D ?

Anyhow there is nice rant about it, from this fatso, its kinda amusing;

12. Gun4hire

Gun4hire Hail faii.
    S-Admin Tournament Management Steam Member Clan Member Forum Moderator

he aint a fatso :( watch him for like 2 years or so by now

13. Maestro

OMG WARHAMMER!!!!!

14. The Tempest

The Tempest Active Member

Damn..that Execution Force game looks very playable! Still got a box full of paints and brushes.

Maestro likes this.