Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Problems visiting our website? send a mail to tech@houseofpainserver.com

Community Mapcycle For Main Server

Discussion in 'Soldier of Fortune 2 : Gold Edition' started by Maestro, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Storm

Storm Clan Member
    S-Admin Clan Member

2. Storm

Storm Clan Member
    S-Admin Clan Member

It is basically the same problem we had with shop8, the map is flooded with bots (there are no bot routes so they just make server full so you cannot join it) Well I did make my point why we should not have such maps in MC.

But what surprises me, is that particular map is still on the MC ? We had this same problem half a year ago with this very same map. I thought it was removed or at least fixed. But seems that it is still jamming the server. Probably nobody wanted to write about it here in the forums meanwhile...poor people, they just suffer this silently.

Also Blast or puni should put the list of maps here, nobody knows the mapcycle now.

Maestro likes this.
  3. Maestro

Maestro Sexy And Deadly Joker
    S-Admin Tournament Management Clan Member Forum Moderator

The worst things about it is that for example players who can't join for multiple hours will be just very frustrated. And those errors of ours are so minute like ohhh we just forgot like one detail for this map which makes it unplayable, while we just needed to test them in real time right after we put them on and the problem wouldn't exist. After this mishap our traffic has gone down quite a bit in those few days. Devil is always in the details.

4. Hudson

Hudson Ultimate badass
    Clan Member

I sometimes warm up on the DRAKKAR STD server (all DM, very accurate bots and a few live players at times) and there's a load of different maps on there which must be part of the standard SoF installation because I've never needed to download anything - maps like Air3 which we've had before on old clan nights.

Could throw one of these into the map cycle and see how people like it. New maps always attract me to a server.

5. punisher

punisher Hacker
    Administrator S-Admin Clan Leader Clan Member

Big chance they are so maps, and modified with .ent files to add spawns etc...

Its fairly time consuming to edit them, so cant guarantee anything, unless others want to create some .ent files for those maps.