Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Problems visiting our website? send a mail to tech@houseofpainserver.com

Bad news about our servers

Discussion in 'News & Updates' started by punisher, Jun 14, 2019.

1. punisher

punisher Hacker
    Administrator S-Admin Clan Leader Clan Member

Hey everybody,

I've got some unfortunate news regarding our servers.
    The current people who are paying for our servers are having to cut some costs due to the kids going to college.
    As they don't play the game anymore, server payments are on the list of their cuts.

I'm currently looking into the possiblity on putting atleast one server on my VPS, however i'm not sure if i'm able to have both of em running on it, and I'm not sure how my VPS handles a game server.
    The server has been paid for the month of June, so we'll be transfering the servers before the end of the month.

More information will be given before the end of the month.

Kind regards,
    Punisher

2. Maestro

Maestro Sexy And Deadly Joker
    S-Admin Tournament Management Clan Member Forum Moderator

Talked with Eric right now, the solution is basically simple, Eric shares paypal for our community to send money to, the monthly target is only 25$, everybody chimes in as much as they can, everybody steps up and sends some money through paypal (we make a separate topic for donats thanking everyone by name who chimed in with a sum every month). I personally can pledge majority of this money when needed no problem, BUT ofc we ALL pay our dues as much as we possibly can and we all solve this simple and easy. Nothing needs to move, Eric and Kelly still wire the money to host, but they recieve our donatations. And hey lets say one bad month HoP had 22$ instead of like 25$, I mean it in a good way, I don't think we getting cancelled because of 3 bucks or we just find them another month lol.

Our most important priority is to create the specific topic or a corner, where everyone can get access to needed paypals or accounts on how to wire the money AND then each month names and sums no matter how big or small will get a personal thank you from all of us in the topic! If Eric and community agrees, lets try this, we can do it! And hey if we pay we may actually care a bit more too lol.

Jasper likes this.
  3. punisher

punisher Hacker

Ill talk to Eric about it,

4. ScarZ

ScarZ Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator S-Admin Steam Member Clan Member System Operator

Hi all, sorry about the sudden decision to cut the payments to the server. I never really minded paying for it, and I would continue to pay if at all possible, but with so much going on at the moment, we need to cut as many finances as we can. I hope you all understand, and I'm sure we will pop in from time to time, but probably not as much as we would like to! Anyways, thank you all (Admins, Clan Members, players in general) for the dedication and hard work put into the clan and events, and all the good times we had playing! Hopefully the server and community continues to grow and remain as active as ever! We will miss you guys!

Oh, and I wanted to mention that I signed the server over to Punisher, so he will have the donation information, in case people want to make donations. Thanks Noah!

Maestro likes this.
  5. punisher

punisher Hacker

The donation button in the menu is still working, as I changed the url where it was redirecting to.
    Nothing changes in that aspect, however i might have to cut some expenses from the server which are overkill imo.
    With this i mean subjects such as having a windows server where about 7 dollars a month are being paid for, while linux distros are much lighter, extendable and cost 0 dollar. (I once recommended this change already)

Furtheron nothing should change for now, however I'm a student so my budget is fairly tight too, so to keep it running donations are very welcome.

Click the button in the menu or go to: https://donation.houseofpainserver.com

Maestro likes this.
  6. Maestro

Maestro Sexy And Deadly Joker
    S-Admin Tournament Management Clan Member Forum Moderator

Well we should still got with the strategy of donations as a clan really. I mean no one, should at this moment try to do it alone, meaning you puni too. So again I am totally in favor of all of us chiming in as a clan. Again honestly if the servers upkeep JUST AS IT IS RIGHT NOW is only 25$, I mean we as a clan should be totally able to afford it no sweat. Everyone who holds this clan dear will not notice a couple of bucks. Just make the topic, post the paypal, post the goal and monthly thanks to all who donated, even Evil does it and I remember MANY servers did it since the beginning of time. This whole issue is not an issue really, I believe in our community and with joint efforts we will gather this money simple.

7. punisher

punisher Hacker

Depending on traffic its between 22 and 25 dollar.
    7 dollar goes to windows while there is a free, imo even better option. So reducing it to 15 to 22 dollar makes the target easier while remaining the same quality.

Button will remain like it has always been on the menu. Will create a topic and a list later this week.

Maestro likes this.
  8. punisher

punisher Hacker

Maestro likes this.